OMG i don't know how to explain what i'm feeling but here goes

I have suffered with anxiety, weird heart beats for more years than i can remember so i get all the weird feelings/thoughts etc. However, periodically I know get episodes of where i feel my thoughts are all over the place and get scared i'm going to lose control over them . I suffer from de-realisation from time to time and I know how horrible that is but at the minute i'm also peri-menopausal and my doctor has told me that it has alot to do with what i'm feeling. My moods seem to be all over the place, I feel really sorry for myself at times although I know i shouldn't. I can be really tearful one minute, fairly happy the next. I'm sure its to do with hormones but I also feel myself being forgetful and that makes me panicky and I get scared that I'll forget who I am or what i'm doing. The other day I was driving on the freeway (like the motorway in UK) and for some unknown reason, i missed my turn off. Never done that before but i convinced myself that i'm going senile or something (im 48 years old). I told my friend and she just laughed and said its like something she would do. I just am going through a stage whereby i worry about everything. I know i do have a fairly stressful life at the minute with things going on at home etc. Just wondered if anyone else has this kind of thing ever happen to them.

thanks everyone
Tracy