Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram increase

Citalopram increase

So, today I have gone to 20mg from 10...

I have taken 10 for just over three weeks and first week I had side effects - the worst of which were increased anxiety and rollercoaster emotions.

This settled on the 10mg and the only remaining side effect is the horrible clenched jaw.

Saw my GP yesterday and she thought I should go up to 20mg after that long on 10 so I have taken 20mg this morning.

Has anyone started Cit in this way? Did your symptoms come back when you went up to 20??

I did try 20 to start with but it was horrific....pain in legs, no sleep, hot, cold, weird dreams when I did nod off....

Re: Citalopram increase

Hi yes i was the same i didnt like 20mg to start with so i split tab into half for 3 weeks, to be honest i didnt feel much difference going to the 20mg felt better in fact, was in the 20mg for another 7 weeks but hit a bad time lots going on in life and things went awful so am up to 30mg now and seem much more calmer about all, getting my head round anxiety :-) hang in there i am :-)

Thankyou! Well took 20 this morning and feel no different to 10 so far! Just the jaw clenching thing but that was there with 10 Lets hope I will be OK!

Glad it is helping you x

Hi Glitterbugs, I've been on 10mg for the last 7 days...am increasing to 20mg this evening. So far all I've encountered is excess yawning!

The last time I took Citalopram in 2005 I started the tablets in exactly the same way and and nothing untoward seemed to happen, although the yawning was a feature at this time as well.

Hope you're continuing to feel ok today

Hello

i was put on citalopram from the start at 20mg it's now day 8 for me on it..yesterday was my best day until the afternoon when i got a headache i could'nt shift and this morning woke up feeling sweaty and a bit panickly but had a cuppa and calmed down. the ist 4 days were more of elevated anxiety fatigue and feeling sick..

At the moment i feel a tiny bit sick and tired but after being on here for a while I'm distracted and that helps xx

Hmm, well yesterday afternoon I had some of he anxiety and the unsettled feeling I got when I started on the 10. And my legs ached like mad in bed last night.

Sticking with it and have just taken 20 again :( xxx

hi miss glitterbug. i am up to 20mg now. doesn't seem to bad. had appointment with psychiatrist yesterday and was diagnosed with OCD. i always thought that OCD is like manic cleaning and opening doors 7 times before you go out but it turns out i was wrong. turns out that i don't have a phobia of insomnia it is the OCD that is the problem. Anyway not to bore you to much, the doctor want me to keep increasing the citalopram till i get to at-least 40mg and ideally 60mg. scream if you want to go faster

Oooo! At least you have some answers!! Glad you are ok on 20 And hope it continues if you want to get up to 60!

Do you take it in one go or 10 morning and 10 evening? I have just taken it in the morning. I just hate the over anxious feeling it gives me but I had that for a week or so when I started.

Really pleased that you have some answers though...I think that alone helps loads. xxx

no i just took 20mg about an hour ago. just feel a bit giddy and tired. how do you take yours? funny i always wanted letters after my name and now i have

Paul GAD OCD x

Hello

Day 9 for me on 20mg woke at 3am this morning just could'nt get back to sleep just feel really tired, i've been taking my citalopram at 10am..don't feel as anxious so hopefully that side effect is wearing off xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information