Thread: Came off CIT too early.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Came off CIT too early.

Hi Folks,

First post, so hello.

I was on Cit for anxiety, started a year ago on the recommendation of my therapist. And came off by my own decision but with the help/advice of my (then) doctor.

I was on quiet a high dose.

Dealt well with the underlying anxiety and helped me feel confident again.

Whilst I did not get the unbearable side effects that some people experience I did get have very disrupted sleep. And felt tired all the time. Often having to take naps.

I run my own business (with a business partner) so often working from home, I could actually get away with sleeping at odd times.

But it obviously took its toll on my productivity and feel exhausted all the time along with mild brain zaps.

I hoped after a year that once coming off them I might revert to a normal emotional state.

I didn't have too harsh a time coming off CIT either but I started having some quite bad anxiety attacks. I put this down to 'blips'.

But I have found I'm back to feeling a general underlying anxiety and a lack of confidence.

I have a new doctor who is much more on the ball than any other I have ever had. And he feels I may have come off too early.

Just wondered if anyone had been on CIT and found any other alternative AD's?

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by Rous; 17-10-11 at 00:54. Reason: Corrected wording in Title to avoid confusion.

Thread Information