Hi

Does anyone else worry about their heart and whether they are likely to have a heart attack. My biggest fear is dying and leaving my family behind. I have always worried about dying but it became more of a problem for me when my dad suddenly died in November 2008 of heart failure.

I am so convinced I have a problem with my heart and that I am going to have a heart attack. I have been to see a Private Consultant Cardiologist because my own GP wouldn’t send me for tests due to the fact that he said there is nothing wrong with my heart. So far over the last year I have had an ECG, Echocardiagram, Stress Test (on a treadmill) and a Cardiac CT Scan of my heart.

All tests came back fine which whilst costing a fortune and being reassuring hasn’t really stopped me from worrying. I am a 38 year old female, my BP is normal and I am not overweight.

I had a cold recently and now I think that the cold virus might have attacked my heart and therefore I am really worrying about this. Apart from intrusive surgery there isn’t really any more tests I can have.

Does anyone else worry this much about their heart????