Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heart flutters have got the better of me

heart flutters have got the better of me

hi

im sure you all have seen me post on eptopic heart beats and flutters but i just carnt take it in that i havent got somthing realy wrong with my heart.
    i have had an ecg about a month ago when they were realy bad and they sead that it was fast but fine can they tell if your heart is ok by doing this?i seem to be getting them all the time at the min i used to just get them at that time of the month or at night
    today i feel realy tired and i went to get my little girl from school and they started to happen they continued all the way home this carnt be right im sure
    anyway today i just carnt cope i want out they are never going to go away the only thing stopping me is my little girl but for how long ?how do i know it is just stress and not a heart problem i allways feel like i am masking a real problem with stress
    sorry for going oni just carnt cope today and dread tonight cos i know they will get much worse they allways do
    jo x

Awww Jo sorry you are having a bad day, I'm sure the drs would have picked up anything unusual. I know it's hard but try and calm down, relax and 'go with it' as the more you stress over them the more they'll happen as you are so aware of it. I know how you feel, having a bad day myself, but they come and go and good days are there to be had too. have you read Claire Weeks bk Self help for the nreves, really good and explains so much.
    In my thoughts and prayers
    Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi,

I am so sorry about how you are feeling. I had very bad haeart flutters a few months back. I gave up smoking, drinking, all refined sugar, and caffeine. It really did help. See if they will let you go on a beta blocker? That also helped me.

Take care hun.

jodie have a look at the symptoms page and on this one and you will see how much ashley and others suffer with this harmless but frightening sensation

yes the ecg would pick up abnormalities in your heart

have you read claire weekes book " self help for yuor nerves"

jackie

hi
    thank you so so much all of you for the support it realy dose help
    i have just had a chat to the doc about things and she sead she might give me some propanalol(spell check)lol
    theyjust came on so fast last night and today and i fear that my heart will just not stop beating funny and then kill me daft i know but i carnt help it
    yes jakie there is a story to the book it was deliverd to my house when i was out they left it round the side and it got wet i opend it and had a bit of a read but parts were damaged so we sent it bk and are now waiting for the new copy but it did seem very helpfull and explaned things very clearly but i just carnt think that anything will help at the min
    thanks agane
    jodie

well i have tryed to stay calm all afternoon and these eptopic ,flutters are still happening and scaring me loads why on earth are they happening to me i keep looking at my little girl and i just want to be normal for her .i am scared when its night time cos they get worse and i get them even more when i go to bed
    sorry for going on but at themin i am very low and scared
    jo

Hi Jodie,

I had exactly the same symtoms as you and yes, they scared me half to death, every day i thought it was going to die because of them, but please don't worry they won't harm you. I'm on the same beta blockers as you, and they are brilliant, they really work. Give it a few more days and you should notice them working. I hardly get any more flutters any more, and when i do i just ignore them because they are so rare now and don't bother me any more.

Take care.

Marie XXX

hi
    havent got them yet i just talked to the doc about it on the phone today i have to go in on friday to see her and get pills .
    it is such a hard thing to thing to get through your head that these nasty feelings arnt going to kill me i am getting them as i wright this .
    i just feel tired of them now and feel like i am going mad i realy do
    i have read the side affects of propanolol and it says you can get irregular heart beats how can this be if it is to treat them i have a huge fear of pills well all meds
    jo x

Hi Jodie,

I know how you feel, before i went to the doctors i was just constantly worrying thinking i was going to die, and that my kids would be left without a mum, it will tire you out because your're constantly stressing about them. I know its difficult but please don't worry about them, you will be fine. When you get new tablets the best thing to do is not to look at the side effects because if your like me you'll end up having every side effect listed on there.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Hi Jodie,
    I have had a real battle with flutters and witnessed my hubbie have a cardiac arrest. I always felt that my flutters would lead to a heart attack, but they haven't. I have spent quite a bit of time working on a cardiac unit, which has helped me to realise that the drs can identify all sorts of heart problems and they would have diagnosed problems with your heart. Did you know that even if you had a heart attack months ago that a recent ecg would confirm that? I have also spoken to many patients with all sorts of heart conditions and it has been really comforting for me to know that none of them have had palps prior to their heart attacks. The only patients I have come into contact with in the chest clinic suffering from chest pain and palps are those diagnosed with anxiety. These things have helped to calm me down over the months and I really hope it helps to ease your mind and reassure you during your bad times.
    Take care
    Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information