Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bright red blood in poo

Hi Boy,

This is going to sound odd... but it could be just a bit of red pepper! Pepper skin does not digest very well, same with chillis and some stuff used in processed food. It can be very disconcerting when you see them in your poo etc..., but believe me it's not that uncommon.

Hope that helps!

Graham.

~~~ It is a poor heart, and a poorer age, that cannot accept the conditions of life with some heroic readiness. RLS. ~~~

Boy,

**Graphic content** Sorry!!

I had this yesterday, and have had it on and off for a good few months. I did a bit of reading and it's almost certainly piles. I think that fresh blood is less of a worry than other types.

I had a terrible fear of bowel cancer last year and I had the spots of blood on the toilet paper episode. I ended up passing out with fear and being taken to the A&E. The doctor there was fantastic and he said that it usually signified piles or a bit of a raw bum. Anyway, it still happens occasionally now. Gets pretty itch too which I believe is another sign of piles. I have taken to using some baby wipes to help avoid any irritation and stop any spots appearing.

Man, I'm so glad you posted this topic because I have wanted to for ages but didnt have the guts to put 'poo' in the subject!!! ha ha!!

Good on yer!

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Just redd back - you said about the pepper. DoH!

~~~ It is a poor heart, and a poorer age, that cannot accept the conditions of life with some heroic readiness. RLS. ~~~

Poor you, Dan! :O Hope it is just that, but I have to say I won't be able to help worrying if it keeps happening, tho I'll tyr to be reassured as you did say it still happens.

Graham - yea lol thanks anyway.

what a subject to talk about !!!!

Anyway I totally agree with Dan, I too get this alot and thought the worse.

Even managed to tell GP and once he examined me [:I] he reassured me it was internal piles and with some cream it goes away.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi,

Anxiety can cause IBS, which can produce piles, which does produce blood on the tissue when wiping.

Tony

I just went again and it no redness visible anywhere or on the tissue. Thanks for reassuring me guys!

Hello Boy! It could be Hemroids which is caused by pressure. If it is "bright red" it means it is "fresh" blood. If you experience Dark stool <Could indicate "bry" blood that has passed in your body and could have come within> then I would seek medical attention. It may also be something you ate. Hemroids ussuly happens every once and awhile and to some every time a bowel movement has been descreted. You could always go to your doctor and talk with him and he/she may order a stool sample and test your stool for and other conditions. I would not be too worried. If you continues to happen I would make a ate with the doc. I hope you start feeling better. Take care great!

Jocelyn!

Hello Boy! It could be Hemroids which is caused by pressure. If it is "bright red" it means it is "fresh" blood. If you experience Dark stool <Could indicate "bry" blood that has passed in your body and could have come within> then I would seek medical attention. It may also be something you ate. Hemroids ussuly happens every once and awhile and to some every time a bowel movement has been descreted. You could always go to your doctor and talk with him and he/she may order a stool sample and test your stool for and other conditions. I would not be too worried. If you continues to happen I would make a ate with the doc. I hope you start feeling better. Take care great!

Jocelyn!

Hi Man,

This is what i had years ago when i suffered from IBS.. diahrea.. sometimes containing blood. got the creasing 'i need a dumb now feeling all the time' realy drianing illness.

anyhooo. the doc explaind to me that the blood can be caused by acid burning the passage on the way out and coating stools in blood. and can look very worrying..

also the hard spikey ones that have to be forced can tare the wall on way out also. causing droplets.. when wipeing a small drop can look like loads..

*sorry i been through all this in my teens* im not into poo honest.

get it checked out anyway dude.. im prietty shure IBS is linked to anxiety.. anyone confirm?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information