Thread: bone spur

bone spur

i am 55 yrs old. i developed a bone small bone spur on top of right foot over to the right, about two inches below little toe. my dr said it is not a cyst or tumor. it doesnt hurt unless i really press it. i walk a LOT. my dr said that this can happen as people age and if there is additional weight. i do need to lose about thirty pounds. apparently the pressure put on feet can cause bones to shift according to the dr. has anyone ever heard of this? also can a bone spur be PAINLESS.acording to dr yes. i just need some other opinions. could someone please get back to me as this makes me anxious. P.S. on left foot, i have something similar, on top of foot in different spot. its on top of foot, but more centered , about two inches below middle toe. that one has been there a number of years. i would greatly appreciate a response as soon as possible. thank you.

Re: bone spur

Yes bone spurs are common and can be painless. Being overweight is likely to put more pressure on them and cause pain.

Make sure you wear well fitting, low heeled shoes, perhaps with padded inserts and do try to lose the extra weight if you can.

Thread Information