Thread: Dental phobia and i need a root canal

Dental phobia and i need a root canal

Oh my god having just paniced about been put on antiboitics for an abbcess, cos dont like taking pills, now i have to have a root canal done. Has anyone had one done and what does it envolve, scared stiff. And i know i will have to go either to have this done or pull the tooth but she said she wouldnt pull unless last result. any advice?

c.lambert

hi there fed up with it.ive had four root canals so i know what they r like!!!! firstly id like to say they dont hurt!!!! what they do is clean out the decay from the root of ur tooth.you may have to go back a few times as they clean it out then pack it then u go bk a week later and they unpack it and clean it out again.they do this till its clear of infection.it does sound scary and it does take time but id rather have it done than one out!!hopw this helps luv mooxXx
    ps dont worry u will be finexx

Hi

I also had a dental phobia and hadn't been for about 10 years when I got an abcess and had to go because I was in so much pain.

I had to have a root canal filling and, like you, thought I'd rather just have the tooth pulled but the denist persuaded me not to in the end (probably cos it costs a lot more!)

Anyway, I didn't find it too bad, even after being so terrified. The worse part was having to keep your mouth open for so long but it certainly wasn't painful, or as scary people told me it was.

The best thing is that I'm not not scared of dentists at all....and I still have my tooth!

I know exactly how you feel but I would definitely recommend having the filing from my experience.

Good luck

Sarah

Sarah

Cheers to you both i'm for that info, i am abit more relaxed about the idea now, ta. i have heard others say horrid things but they probably have'nt had one done then.

c.lambert

Hi

I also had a dental phobia and hadn't been for about 10 years when I got an abcess and had to go because I was in so much pain.

I had to have a root canal filling and, like you, thought I'd rather just have the tooth pulled but the denist persuaded me not to in the end (probably cos it costs a lot more!)

Anyway, I didn't find it too bad, even after being so terrified. The worse part was having to keep your mouth open for so long but it certainly wasn't painful, or as scary people told me it was.

The best thing is that I'm not not scared of dentists at all....and I still have my tooth!

I know exactly how you feel but I would definitely recommend having the filing from my experience.

Good luck

Sarah

Sarah

when i was going for my root canal i was terrified i was told they hurt but they dont.like sarahlousie said the worse thing is keeping your mouth open!!!but tell the dentist and if it gets too much u can have a break!!!!hope all goes well let us know how it goes take care luv mooxXx

HI I HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM THE DENTIST HAD A ROOT CANAL DO IS WAS OK

Hi

I'm really glad it went OK and that it's over with now.

Take care

Sarah x

Sarah

Hi,

I had an abcessed tooth, root canal then had a crown put on it! The worst part of it all was the infection, took two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. The root canal didn't hurt at all, you will be glad to save the tooth. I'm even glad I got my crowned, mine was even my back last tooth but didn't want a space there even known one would have been able to see it.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Thanks for the advice, my tooth calmed down and still have to have it done, but the dentist are waiting for a locum to cover the old one. so will let you know how it goes and when. ta very much.

c.lambert

Thread Information