Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citalopram side effects

Re: Citalopram side effects

i have the tingles 2 i was on 10 mg and in hell off a state im now on 20 and since starting them i have pins and needles in my left arm mostly im scared and not nopng what it is hoping its 2 do with the meds are u ok now do u stillget it this is my week 7 samxxxxx

Hi
    I'm 10 days into Ctprm 20mg. have felt pretty awful the whole time, but today was the worst. cried all morning - everything was the end of the world - felt sick, metalic taste, head felt like it was in a vice - not a headache, but pressure. Body shaking inside and out. Hot. Cold. spaced out.
    Hadnt eaten much at all for a few days (one of the positive side effects???) but eventually was convinced to eat something. BOY DO I FEEL BETTER.
    Lots of people say that we should remember to attribute the side effects to the drug, and this is true of eating. we may not feel hungry but our bodies need food.
    I feel better physically and much more positive too.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Clare x

Quote Originally Posted by Daisybun View Post
    I've just been given citalopram, don't want to take it scared of side effects - arghhh, don't feel too bad atthe moment don't want to make me feel worse. Last time I took a 20mg tablet in an hour I was in the loo with upset tummy. yet 4 years ago i was fine, i don't understand. I'm very confused!

Daisybun

'This too will pass'
    Hey Daisybun, I started them about 7 weeks ago, and had that same problem... but only once. I think it was cos I worried myself into an upset tummy over the possible side effects, rather than a real side effect too! The side effects are a little too hyped up I think: they do come, I had a bit of nausea, jaw clenching, patchy memory and general slowness/drowsiness, but those do wear off and the effects do build up to alleviate the depression.

Just a point to everyone: they don't completely stop depression, if you have a really s**t weak its as if you burn up the resources and end up depressed again. It doesn't mean they're not working. It means you've had a s**t week and need to take a break and relax, let them build up their effect again. Give them a chance though. If you're not convinced after that, then go back to your GP.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

P.S. Nice one copsgirl, I was recommended to take them in the morning with food, hope that helps

Hi
    Have been taking Citalopram for about 3 months now has made me feel loads better able to go to work and enjoy my life a little, only problem now is that i'm getting bad pins and needles in my arms and hands at night waking me up as both arms are affected at the same time quite scarry at night iwas wondering if anyone had also experiance simlar issues with the drug after this amount of time! anyway off to the doctors on monday need to know if this is the citalopram or not, but i would still recomend anyone who suffers anxciety or depression to just bite the bullet and take the citalopram it does help the side effect is not as bad as the depression.

i have been on citalopram for 2 weeks now and the first few days were the worst. my gp put me on the 20mg and i literally couldn't do anything. first time i was spaced out, throwing up and had palpitations. i've been put on the 10mg which i am responding to to a lot better. i take them at night before i sleep and all that i am experiencing now are very vivid dreams and slight stomach upset and fatigue when i wake up. i'm less tense and also a lot more rational in my thinking. eating before taking them helps with nausea.

Hi all
    I am on day 16 of cit.
    I felt as if I had not taken anything and I take 2mg diazepam first!! I have felt dizzy, anxious and generally yuk- and this is all part of it. 4-5 weeks I was told by my gp. but it will differ person to person.
    Jean

How long does the dizziness last its getting to me now. Only had it three days but it is taking up my day.horrid horrid horrid!
    Jean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information