Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concentration problems

Hiya,

I have always been a book worm. For a while though I had to settle for easy read 'trash' as i couldn't concentrate on anything else!!!

Which made me bored senseless which didn't help the anxiety!!
    Anyway back to reading 'proper' books agan so my brain is getting a bit of stimulation

Love
    Lucky

Lucky,

I checked my e mails but haven't received yours on the visualisation :(

Started taking the fish oil though!

Kate x

Oh dear I wonder who i sent it too!!!!!!!

He he Lucky!!

Some poor, unsuspecting sole who now knows all about visualisation!!

Kate x

Did u recieve my other e-mails Kate??

Last one I sent was Friday

Hi Kate

I think some of us are just born this way!!!

I'm obviously fantastically gifted, intelligent, practical, a great conversationalist, mover and shaker (ok so I'm not, but I'm not stupid either), and I have a great deal of trouble concentrating or remembering ANYTHING.

I even get my two best friends who I've know for ever in the whole wide world names wrong. Frequently.

My suggestion of wearing name badges at Megs was based on purely practical reasons.!!!

My friend Carolyn has a yard of horses (with accompanying cats, dogs and a rabbit) and I only call one of the creatures by it's real name (it's the only one I can remember) I have been visiting her since before some of these horses were foaled! Consequently, I call them all what I think is their name - only Carolyn has a clue what I am on about - it confuses everybody else terribly!

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Oh yes - fish oils! (And I really haven't done this deliberately)

I take fish oils everyday. I'm not convinced that they do anything other than make you burp salmon flavour, particularly if like me you take them on an empty stomach before breakfast. This combined with a garlic capsule results in the question of "whos had prawn curry" by anybody within a five metre distance for the first thirty minutes at work! Maybe they are better taken at night.

But then your hubby might complain

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hi Kate

I have a lot of problems with concentration at the best of times, but what I think really makes it worse is the anxiety. I know that's not an ideal situation to be in when your trying to read a book to help you with your anxiety, kind of a vicious circle, but what helps me sometimes is some relaxation. Once I'm relaxed my concentration improves 90%. Maybe you could try a little relaxation before you read sometime, I know it can be difficult but I do find it a big help if I persavire (is that anywhere near spelt right? Maybe if I had more concentration...), but yeah, that definately helps me anyway. What the others were saying about visualisation is probably a good idea too.

Anyway, enjoy the reading

later

mico

Re: Concentration problems

If you cant concentrate and it isnt stress related it could be ADD or ADHD. i have some mager problems with consentration myself and its a combination of ADD/ADHD and dyslexia.. as well as the memory cant remember more or less anything i read/hear so, and im dyslexic so my eyes gets all red after half a page(takes an hr to read btw) typing like crap i know.. but just wanted to throw it out there in case someone is looking for related problems and cant find a namn for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information