Thread: angina

angina

i have read thst jaw pain is related to angina, does anyone know if his is right. i have a terrible pain followed by as freezing numb type of pain in my jaw for the past few days and i just think it must be related to my heart, could it be

sorry to bother you but im so freaking

jackie

The pain could be because you clench your jaws when you're anxious. I know I do, sometimes I do it without even realizing.

grind your teeth in your sleep ?

i definitely do both of those but have just not felt right all over the last few days

does anyone know if this is a true symptom of angina though as i really am afraid

jackie

Hi Jackie - my Dad has angina and he has never had a jaw pain with it. He said it gets worse when he's very active, but settles down again when he rests. The pain can move into your neck and throat, but not your jaw. It sounds as if the pain is from clenching your jaw and thats all.
    Love Helen

Hi Jackie

It does sound like a problem from being tense and clenching your jaw. I do this a lot.

There would be a whole host of other symptoms if this was angina.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Jackie
    Pre-menapausal women rarely suffer from angina or coronary heart disease because of all those lovely hormones that course around our body, we do however quickly catch up with the male statistics once we hit that certain age. In all my years of nursing i cant even remember a single chest pain from a young woman which was "true" angina unless due to a congenital problem which you dont have as this would have been picked up in your examinations. Adrenaline is one of the drugs of choice for dealing with cardiac emergencies and with the amount that flows around the body of anxiety sufferers there is not much chance of a cardiac episode happening.
    Helen

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Nell, i just had to say what a lovely reassuring post! I'm sure you've put plenty of us women with health anxiety's minds at rest. What you said made perfect sense but us people who fear heart attacks etc (like me!!) need the facts put to us like you did, then we have to put the whole thing to bed once and for all and I'm sure Jackie would agree with me!

Hope you feel better by the way Jackie

Shiv x

your such a clever woman shiv, and shiv you are right it is such a reassuring post

thanks to you all it means so much and i know you know that

jackie

nell thank you so much you are so knowledgeable and your posts are always so reassuring to me

thanks again

any plans to visit irelans soon

jackie

Thread Information