Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how effective r beta blockers 80mg slow release?

how effective r beta blockers 80mg slow release?

Hi ive been on cit for 9 wks now at 20mg but since thurs ive gone backwards, bad panic attacks every day and severe anxiety so doc told me to up to 30mg tomo and gave me beta blockers 80mg slow release to take in the mornings, will these help? Am v nervous about increasing my dose of cit due to if i get extra side effects :-( and will these beta blockers help with my panics and anxiety? X x

Re: how effective r beta blockers 80mg slow release?

I'm on beta blockers as well as Cit, i take 40mg of Propananol in the morning and 40mg in the afternoon as well as my 40mg of Cit.

They take the edge off and keep your heart rate low. The only side effect I've had from them is cold feet but thats nothing a couple of hot water bottles don't fix x

Thankyou x x

Give them a go, they take a couple of days to get in your system totally but you will notice a difference in 30 minutes or so of taking your first one. They give them to popstars for performance anxiety so they must work!

Quote Originally Posted by chappers1980 View Post
    Give them a go, they take a couple of days to get in your system totally but you will notice a difference in 30 minutes or so of taking your first one. They give them to popstars for performance anxiety so they must work!
    I hope so! Also hoping 4 not many side effects from my cit increase! Fingers crossed x x

I've not noticed a drastic difference between 20mg to 40mg on side effects but the morning anxiety is definitely going. I'm at the docs this morning and usually i'd be feeling really sick but not today.

The only side effect that is annoying me is twitchy legs but I can live with that!

Good luck sweety x

Thanks hun, just a bit scared as cant handle side effects again, how long ago did you up? X x

I did 10mg for 14 days, 20mg for 7 days and have been on 40mg for 7 days and today I'm feeling really good x

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 ----------

Back from the docs, she says I can go back to work on Monday and commented on me actually smiling today instead of floods of tears. I've got to stay on 40mg for a couple of months and then they will wean me off them x

Thats fantastic news how long till you noticed the difference from 20 to 40? X x

I'd say about 5-7 days. Still struggling a bit with tiredness but work have agreed to a phased return so only need to worry about staying awake all morning :-) Have you tried your beta blockers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information