Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm off the stuff!!! Yay

Smile I'm off the stuff!!! Yay

Today is my 8th day since I took my last 10mg of Cit. I have felt fabulous all bloody week. Back to normal.
    I was on 20mg for 3 years, 30mg for 6mths when a blip happened and my former Doctor whacked me up to 60mg in 2 weeks. Needless to say I was a bigger mess. So I changed Doctors after having this one for 10 years. New one/She started to wean me off with the idea of putting me on Mirts. A week ago she said let's see how you go on nowt.
    So here I am...the only thing is the brain whooshing bit but I can live with that, hoping it will go away eventually.
    I can't believe how great I feel. I do rest up of an afternoon for about an hour. Trying to build my Adrenal Glands up again. I don't push it.
    But I will add that 3 years ago Citalopram saved me from a fate worse than death, I was a blubbering mess.
    As the ad use to say, "It won't happen overnight but it will happen"
    Cheers
    Wendy

2. Re: I'm off the stuff!!! Yay

So jealous! but pleased for you x

Re: I'm off the stuff!!! Yay

Wendy, that is fantastic news, hope you continue to make a full recovery, and well done x

Angry Re: I'm off the stuff!!! Yay

Well you know the bit about speaking too soon! Had a coupla wonderful weeks off the stuff, then one day, after doing some shopping, down I went in a heap. Everytime adrenalin goes up, down I go.
    So I'm putting myself back on 10mg tonight for a week then upping it to 20mg. Can't get into my Dr for 10 days, so making the decision myself.
    Not happy with myself and very disappointed.
    Head whooshing all over the place and with Christmas looming, I can't afford to be a basket case.

aw wendy i think you are doing the right thing, i would love to come off cit, but i did it once and crashed badly, maybe it is just not the right time, and when it is you may be better to wean off slowly to avoid side effects , but you are not a failure, you are brave to recognise the signs and do something positive about it good luck x

Thanks Pinkdove, just woken up and feel yuk but expected that. Went to bed with Cit 10mg, Diazepam 5mg and slept like a log with the usual entertaining dreams.
    It's having to go thru the whole procedure of getting the stuff into the system that's the annoying bit....oh well...

Brainwooshing! Snap!!

I seem to get this mostly after exerting myself, I think I'm 3 weeks without Cit now.

Well done!

LK

I think you came off too quickly to be honest - it has to be done very very slowly

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quite probably came off it too quickly as you said, Nicola. The idea was to move me over to Mirt. but the Doctor and I decided to see how I went without anything. Had 2 fabulous weeks now not so great, so taking 10mg Cit a day until I can see her. Back to the old yukkies and apathy...whoopee doo....

Same thing happened to me; I reduced from 20mg to 10mg in April this year. I took this everyday for a bout four weeks. Then by mid May, I was taking one every other day for two weeks, 1 every two days for two weeks. It was only then I was getting head wooshes and feeling generally rubbish. So I decided to stop altogether and get the rubbish feeling over and done with. Yep, okay that seem to happen and felt okay but, after month of totally stopping, I had a panic attack. I wasn't too bad after that, a little worried but coping. By Aug, I had another panic attack and after that my nerves were shattered. I tried to cope without going back on citalopram during August. By Sept, I'd had all I can take and went back on 20mg.

I've been told by everyone, except doctors, that I came off too quick, too soon. I recognise that coming off is a slow process. That's fine. What isn't so fine is severel doctors in my surgery believe that if you've only been taking 20mg for however long, you can just stop taking them. Yeah, two doctors have told me this now. You can stop taking 20mg just likethat when you're ready.

That can't be right, I'm sure that can't be. Coming off 10mg abrutly didn't do me any favours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information