Thread: Panic back again

Panic back again

Not been on here for 9 months thought I was cured - the trigger this time was when the sale of our house fell through one hour before removal men were due !! Never felt so sad/angry in my life now i cant let go feel sick constantly body forever jumping and when i get in contact with people its like im gojng to pass out ... been here before dont like it .. just had a day with our son at Uni dont know how i got through constant panic even harder trying not to show it .... suggestions please ...

Re: Panic back again

John i know how you feel, i was pretty much clear of all this when i went through a bad time at the beginning of the year and slowly but surely it all came back, this time it feels so much more intense.

Whatever worked before must work again right?

Go with it, know it cannot harm you no matter how bad it feels.

Turn those what ifs into so whats... repeat, repeat, repeat.. we can come through this again.

Your right but its hard remembering how you got rid last time !! you feel so stupid thinking you cant get from A-B without falling over how bloody powerful are our thoughts ,,,,

Oh yes i know!

I walked my dog earlier and all the way round i felt so flipping dizzy, i wanted to turn around and come home but i was determined to make it all the way round. As usual i didnt fall, i didnt lose my balance, i didnt collapse and make a show of myself and so on... we have to keep going about our daily business with the feelings in the background. They will not go as long as we fear them. We have to accept them for what they are and let them be John. As soon as we don't pay them much attention they fade. We know this, but letting them be without paying them much attention is easy said because they feel so terribly intense.

Go about your daily business and acknowledge how you feel, then tell yourself why you feel that way ( truth- its anxiety) and then let it be. Practice makes perfect.

John I was told one time that people who keep their true feelings in (i.e. yours of perhaps wanting to kill the people who let you down!) actually make themselves suffer as we dont get an outlet for how we want to react so we internalize it and it comes out in other ways..... for e.g. the way you did..... and I would do the same. A panic attack, anxiety etc. Its awful and it makes you feel so powerless. However, we are actually quite powerful. We hide the awful feelings usually as we feel we are protecting others around us.... family/kids/friends etc as we (anxiety sufferers) are usually percentage wise people who take on a lot of responsibility and take it on alone and feel that if we have a breakdown of any type then the 'whole lot' breaks down. I know that is how I feel. My nan (woman of wisdom!) used to say when she would get like that........ nothing terrible is going to happen in the next 5 mins, and thats all Im gonna think about now. And it didn't. good luck .

john, anyone who's house sale falls through 1 hour before the removal men are due, would definately have stress and panic, so you are not alone there, however if it has continued, perhaps you should seek help, maybe just in the short term to get you through this bad period, take care x

thanks pinkdove for your reply my stupid mind is so strong if I took the strongest tablet I could convince my self it would not work !!
    I do take fluoxetine 3 times per week and normally this keeps me reasonably sane its just I hate the body jolts and feeling like I am on a boat and need to keep holding on to something to help me walk.

Just remember John you got through it before and you will again.

Set backs feel particularly bad because they bring with them a sense failure and a feeling of despair that this is the way it will always be, but this doesnt have to be the case. A set back may even seem worse than before in some cases, it doesnt mean that recovery is any harder though.

You did it once and you will do it again as long and as many times as you have too. Dont beat yourself up on a reason as to why it happened.

Thread Information