Thread: Ovarian Cyst help

Ovarian Cyst help

Hello everyone.
    I was recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and sent on my way. I was told I'll need a re scan in 3 months time to see what it's doing.
    I had the scan in the first place to see if there was a reason I was getting really bad PMT and irregular periods.
    Does anyone know if having a cyst can give you PMT? I jsut recently had my period and I feel like I've got PMT already! Want to murder everyone.

Re: Ovarian Cyst help

It depends on the type of cyst - did they day if it was a follicular cyst as this is completely normal and happens when your ovary is producing an egg and it produces a fluid filled cyst as well - when I was ovulating I got this nearly every month and had I had a scan at right time very month they would have picked up on it. Follicular cysts rarely get above 4cms in size.

I also had a non folicular cyst that was 7cms but after mri scan was told totally harmless and just moniter, I was also oestrogen dominent at the time and after treatment for that the cyst went away on its own so hormones can cause ovarian cysts.

As they just want to rescan you in three months it does sound like it may be a common follicular cyst - this is what they did with me with the folicular ones whereas bigger ones get the full treatment of mri and blood test.

As for the murderous intentions this does also sound hormonal . wait and see if you get an early period say in two weeks or so as this would confirm your homones are causing the feelings. I remember that feeling but thankfully since been perimeno have not explerieced it for at least 5 years.
    I used to keep away from people if I could for the few days I felt like that and most of all I kept my mouth well shut! If you have an other half living with you then do explain in case of the odd outburst or knife weilding episode

Re: Ovarian Cyst help

I cant answer your question but my mums friend suffered very very bad pmt which made her violent. It was hormonal and she was put on hrt. Maybe ask your doc to look in to this x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Thread Information