Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi everyone. Just joined. I'm never usually any good at these introductions but just a bit of background info on what brought me here...I'm 22, from the UK. I've been socially anxious for as long as I can remember. Over time I found that this has gotten worse. I used to at least be able to post over the internet and at least come across as confident, even if that wasn't really how I was feeling. But after a couple of bad experiences here and there, I just withdrew myself from the online world. Deleted all my profiles like myspace and facebook, and removed a lot of friends from my MSN so it looks pretty blank now. I suppose that's why I'm here really. I hope to be able to build my online confidence back up. I'm working on my real life issues but it would be good to have people I feel I can talk to again. It's nice to have that support network. At the moment, I don't have that and I often feel like I have to suffer in silence. I have family but they're not always so understanding. Anyway, I'm aware that I need to change and at least make the effort. I'm a little afraid of getting burned again but I guess I can't hide forever just because of that. So yeah...here I am. Making that first step again. I hope to be able to find the support I'm looking for here. From what I've seen, this seems like a nice place.

Hi Dark Horse

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Hi

Hi dark horse, I don't have social anxiety but I know how any form of anxiety can ruin your life, I hope you will make loads of new friends on here and build up your confidence. I am a similar age to you and know at this time we should be having fun and not letting things get to us. Feel free to send me a message if you need a chat, maybe you could help me with my issues too.

Amy xx

Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Hi dark horse, I'm new too and have anxiety too. Hopefully with see you around here.

Thread Information