Thread: endometriosis and cyst.

endometriosis and cyst.

I have been posting on here about my pains down by my left ovary and stomach/bowel problems. I had an ultra sound scan on friday and she said my left ovary was bigger than my right so she asked to do the internal probe thing. She said i had a cyst forming on my ovary and endometriosis. She said they might monitor the cyst and send me to a gynacologist to have a look at the other. I am confused because it says you can get endometrium cysts and other kinds. I am worrying about my stomach issues because the pains are horrendous in every part of my abdomen,side and back. I am having to take imodium every day otherwise i am on the toilet all day with diarrhea and stomach cramps. I have read that endometriosis can cause stomach/bowel issues and also read that the endometriosis can attach to your intestinal wall. I know the first thing the gp usually tries are the contraceptive pill but i cant see them getting rid of all these symptoms. I think my stomach symptoms are related because when my period was late i started feeling full and nauseas and its progressively getting worse. I know they cant see the extent of the endometriosis unless you get a larproscopy. Does anyone know if you can ask for this because i am worried about all my stomach/bowel symptoms?

Re: endometriosis and cyst.

They should do a laporoscopy, I had one done 5 years ago because of suspected endometriosis and although they didn't find that I am waiting for another appointment for a laporoscopy to get rid of old adhesions/scar tissue as they think this could have been causing my pelvic pain.

Have you heard of endo and stomach/bowels being linked?

I think endo can cause a whole range of problems, they suspected it with me due to pain and pain during intercourse. Did your doctor say if your problems would be related to endo

I haven't seen my gp yet since my scan on friday, i am seeing him on thursday to give him time to receive the results. I have read online that alot of people get told they have ibs when in fact its endometriosis. My stomach/bowels are awful and i am sometimes doubled over in pain. My gp said i have ibs and anxiety but i think it isn't and its all been with the cyst and endometriosis.

Yes quite possibly then, are you feeling a little relieved after your scan. Least endo and cysts are very treatable or at least they should be able to ease your symptoms x

Yes i was relieved at first but i am worried about my stomach pains and constant diarrhea and i just hope it is related and not with something else. But i cant see the pill getting rid of it all i would rather have the laporoscopy and get it sorted.

Yes I think you should ask for a laporoscopy. If there was anything else for you to worry about they would have seen it on the ultrasound so try to reassure yourself

I know but i keep thinking something is going on with my stomach or bowel and they only scanned my pelvis.

Thread Information