Thread: looked unwell so set me off thinking i am ill

looked unwell so set me off thinking i am ill

i did not feel unwell at all looked in mirrow and thought god i look pale i must be ill that was it my hole body went into action tenseing evry part of me up to fight waht ever it is i have got it can happen if some one says you dont look well is any one else this daft or is it me i get so fed up of fighting wioth myself day in day out thanx for this site aye
    trish1955

Hi Trish, I've lost weight recently and looked in the mirror and thought 'who is that?' I don't recognise the person i once was but i know she's in there somewhere! Try and get out into fresh air and get some colour back its probably just that we have had such yuck weather that you are pale. Don't worry about it, I hide behind make-up too always a good one for me as I never look particularly healthy lol

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hiya,
    This has happened to me a few times,im feeling ok and well then someone will say to me " oh dear your looking a bit pale today,are you ok?" or "your looking very tired,whats wrong?".....GRRRRR...this then starts me worrying about every illness.
    What happened with you today goes to show how our thoughts affect us physically,as soon as you started to worry about your health you tensed up fearing the worse.
    Your not daft dont worry just try and relax if you can and think positively!
    Take care xx

This is a classic example of your body being so used to the anxiety that it looks for excuses to go off again. It takes strong focus but to avoid it in future you have to resassure yourself that what you are experiencing is just a symptom of anxiety and nothing else. in the meantime, I find doing a minor something to reassur eboth me an dmy anxiety helps it die down. If you fear youa re becoming ill, have some more vitamin C (eat an orange!) then distract yourself with an easy but time consuming task to take your mind off it.

hope you feel better.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Hi Trish,

When I look in the mirror and look good (rarely) I always find something to dwell on either in my mouth,ear,lip,eye you name it. Its as if we have to have something not nice to dwell on. Our poor minds are used to having negative thoughts.

We are here for each otherx

Mandy x

Hi - I often feel like this too - pale skin and black circles round my eyes - very attractive!!
    Love Helen

Whilst I have a fair complexion, I usually get more worried when I look red!

I have found that I look more red than I really am under artificial light, especially in the bathroom, and also I may get red in places because my skin is so sensitive, whether it be warm water or pressure on an area of skin.

Often people say I look well, when I feel quite the opposite!

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Thread Information