Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest Pain "Trip to A&E"

Chest Pain "Trip to A&E"

Well yesterday was walking into town and started to get chest pains, Feelling lightheaded/Legs heavey all the normal feelings I would get and that are put down as anxiety/panic disorder.

After awhile the feelings past but kept on returning during the afternoon until it got to the stage i phoned my doctor and ask her advice and she told me to phone 999 as they could assess me better they found nothing of real concern but as my anxiety/panic disorder feels mainly occur after i leave the house and have walked part way into town they had better take me in to a&e and have me checked out fully.

Now they think my anxiety could be angina. So have to have a treadmill stress test on friday to check that out.

So what I am saying is anyone on here please dont take chest pain lightly get it check out to the full and hopefully as I am hoping it is not heart related and can put that behind you/me

Re: Chest Pain "Trip to A&E"

Hi.
    Im sorry to hear about this and it does sound like anxiety and there proberly doing the tests to cover there own backs. They would of kept you in if they thought there was an issue
    I dont think this is the right thing to post on an anxiety forum. sorry dont mean to be harsh just my opinion x

XtremX

You're right in saying you should never ignore chest pain as there can be so many reasons for it. In my case, it was acid reflux. The pain was like nothing i have ever felt before. Our out of hours doctor is based in our local hospital and i ended up there twice with the pain.

Em.ma

Trem only means to have chest pain checked out to be on the safe side. In my case, i was in severe pain but it was very easily treated.

trem

Best of luck wit the treadmill test and please let us know how you get on.

Lisa
    xx

In my case, it was acid reflux. The pain was like nothing i have ever felt before

exactly the same as me. I was literally rolling around in tears huddled in a ball. it was awful.

Trem only means to have chest pain checked out to be on the safe side. In my case, i was in severe pain but it was very easily treated.
    I understand that x

Em.ma this is a health anxiety forum but that does not mean that everything has to have a diagnosis of anxiety. That is the problem with reassurance, it only means something if the advice is based on fact, if everybody wrote its just anxiety for every symptom then that is not reassurance.
    Any good truthful advice is relevant so long that it is a balanced view and the owner of this thread gave a balance view stating that all chest pain should be taken seriously so that is what she is doing. All being well it will be anxiety, if it is angina then she will get the correct treatment so all bases will be covered. Very sensible and she seems to be getting very good medical care.

Unfortunately people with HA can also suffer from real clinical problems which obviously is the worst scenario for an HA sufferer, but they should still be able to discuss their diagnoses and fears on a HA forum. My dad suffers from terrible HA (think I inherited it lol) so when he was diagnosed with stomach cancer, he still would have benefitted from a forum like this to discuss his anxieties (if he'd had the internet at the time). (He recovered, by the way! )

Well I just read this and I'm completely freaked out! I do go out on a daily basis and most of the time, my anxiety is worse when leaving my home too. I suffer from weird legs things too and now I'm freaking out.

I do suffer from really bad indigestion that sometimes can range from mild to severe. I get severe muscle tension and burning sensations in my chest(behind sternum and on both chests).

@xtremx, can I ask your age if it's possible? I hope I'm not intruding in any way.
    Last edited by Mark801; 13-12-11 at 18:36.

Mark it was the chest pain that lead the poster to ring 999 not the leg thing.

Chest pain is very common with anxiety but so is heightened anxiety when you leave the house.

Their point was always get chest pain checked out because it could be something else. Not saying something serious but it's worth getting checked.

Lisa

Hello Mark801 my age is 39 (but My brother had a heart attack at the age of 49 so that is also taken into account for extra checks).

As Bottleblond said it was the chest pain that was the major factor for calling 999. The main thing is please dont freak out (sorry that was not my intention) all i was posting is really to say its better to get chest pains looked into.

I am sorry if my post has upset any one as i said that was not my intention.

And also i suffer from acid reflux and a condition called costochondritis that can all cause chest pain (but sometimes i painc and it makes matters worse).

Again sorry and if admin would like to remove this post as not to cause anymore upset thats fine with me.

We all need support

xtremx

I think that your post was really valid and a timely reminder to us all that if in doubt check it out with chest pain.

I sometimes get chest pain when extremely anxious and I set myself a timeframe for it to go away in - if it has not gone in 4 hours, I will seek medical help - that sort of thing - and it always goes so I know that mine is anxiety.

Hope all goes well with the treadmill test

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Macc Noodle
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information