Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: people talking about me?

Question people talking about me?

thats what i think when i go out, i often think they are talking down to me with their friends or something, i dunno why i have this problem ive been fairly popular in life but these past few months ive been getting these thoughts and it makes me want to stay in 24-7, any advice would be appreciated as always .

-kevin

Re: people talking about me?

Paranoia! I get that.. you know why you get this.. we spoke about it before

Sometime i get really bad like il be walking down the road and i will think people are staring at me and laughing not nice :( x

its a part of anxiety, I've had it, you just have to nip the thoughts in the bud before they become a problem, easier said than done.

honestly people are so naturally selfish they are much more likely to be thinking or talking about themselves.
    Even if people are talking about you, so what ? it really doesn't have any affect on you and your life
    it matters most about what you think about yourself x

I agree with Mishel,It none of my buisness what people say or talk about me.Hold your head high.
    Petra xx

Hiyer, because you are suffering from anxiety your thoughts are turned inwards a lot of the time. You are scrutinising yourself and possibly obsessional about factors relating to your behaviour/health/social interactions....(please don't take this the wrong way, I hope it comes across as making sense)....but you are focused on yourself and your 'relevance' becomes out of perspective when considering other peoples responses to you. What I mean by this is that - in your anxious state you assume that others are as focused on you, as you are yourself. They aren't, honestly !

Also because you are anxious and probably have low self esteem/confidence levels at the moment, you are imagining that they are thinking all sorts of negative things about you. I reckon you are reading negative connotations into your social interactions, because you are worried about how people view you. Everyone has their own lives; interests, fears, health problems, social lives etc. and the likelihood of talking about you or wanting to 'talk down to you' is pretty low.

I had periods of fear like this at the end of my teenage years, it isn't a nice feeling and is very unsettling. Don't stay in, that will simply fuel the problem and before you know it you will be too scared to leave the house ! It is another mind trick.

Hi KW,

I can completely relate to you, I've been there (and am still there sometimes). I completely agree with what others have said. People are so involved in themselves. Even if they are thinking, talking about you or judging you, it will be in relation to themselves. Only people who are insecure talk about others in a negative way in order to divert from their own weaknesses and make themselves feel better. The people they talk about are just a means to improve their own self-esteem, it's no reflection on you, it's a reflection on them. It's very hard to learn this and internalise it but as others have said, what they think about you is none of your business. You cannot change it, it has no lasting impact on your life. Focus on looking after yourself, not caring about other people's opinions. Take care xx

I found out that some members of family have been talking behind my back, not immediate family, but it still hurts. Its made my anxiety worse as well because I have to see those family members at this time of year. I never confronted them over it because I couldn't, I was in such a mess, but I have avoided a lot of social occassions because of it.

i know the feeling i know its not nice i feel people stare when i do go out or sometimes i hear people whisper it does get u down but one day hopefully we will all over come it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information