Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Re: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

I may be going onto this next week,anti depressant im on at the moment isnt helping me,please let me know how you get on it'll interesting to see is its one to try...

Hi Sarah,
    Jury's still out as far as I'm concerned but read through this thread and you will see the overall reaction is very positive with this drug.
    Good luck in whatever decision you make

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou1983 View Post
    I may be going onto this next week,anti depressant im on at the moment isnt helping me,please let me know how you get on it'll interesting to see is its one to try...
    It has defo made a difference for me . Thats nearly a fortnight I even went to the gym today .
    I am feeling really positive . Hope it is the same for you if you give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou1983 View Post
    Hi Sarah,

Made a huge difference to my life it really has...I take it along with 7.5mg of mirtazipine.

Hope you find the same.

Jo.x

Hi Robin,

Although you may not be in the high / rapid response group, there may still be a good chance that you can get some relief with pregabalin at an appropriate dose.

If not, there are always new medications for anxiety in the pipeline, plus interactive therapies like cognitive behavioural therapy.

I have to add that I'm not a trained pharmacist or doctor, so you should always consult these professionals.

Hanshan

Well, been on pregabalin 6 weeks now and on Friday I increased the dose to 200mg a day, as agreed with my GP. I did notice a slight difference in that I seemed to be more relaxed. I think at one point I may have accidentally taken an extra 50mg (sometimes I can be a bit forgetful) and I woke up the day after with a slightly thick head, not unlike a hangover, as many other users have reported.
    I don't want to end up "knocked out" by this drug as I did with venlafaxine. I don't want to feel sedated.
    As of now I don't feel any different, one way or the other. Maybe I have to hit the 300mg mark before it really has any impact.
    So still very much a waiting game...

Hi Robin,

How is the increased dose working?

Hanshan

Just had a really good week, but out of the blue, the annoying background anxiety started yesterday.

I'm trying to ignore it, but its just 'there' - the muscle tension and feeling on edge etc. I wouldnt mind if there was a worry or event I could attach it to, but there isnt, or if there is, its so insignificant that no normal person would identify it as a stressor. I guess thats GAD all over.

How anyone would thing that CBT or any sort of talking therapy would be able to solve this is beyond be, but still...

Anyway, I've not deviated from my 150mg in the eve, 75 in the morning and i'm expecting it to pass but .... grrr..

From what i've read of other peoples stories on pregabalin, this sort of blip seems common. Damn annoying though.

Rob - did you get the hangover feeling again ? It only lasted a couple of days with me, although some days I get a bit of a cotton wool head first thing in the morning - it doesnt feel unusual.

Iain

Hi Hanshan/Ian,
    Yesterday I did notice that I was more relaxed and talkative than normal but I don't know whether this was the pregabalin or just normal mood fluctuations (I have good days and bad days with my GAD). But it did take me by surprise as I was shopping which normally triggers off at least a mild attack. I was asking myself, why am I not anxious? Why did I say hello to the shop assistant and engage them in conversation?
    By way of contrast, today I feel very tired and really don't want to leave the house(though I have to).
    The tiredness worries me because fatigue is a big problem for me and I have very low energy levels. I wasn't aware that pregabalin was sedating but I heard the same thing about venlafaxine and that was like valium to me.
    When I see the GP next week I am hoping they will increase it to 300mg.
    Iain, no more hangover feelings as yet but I find it incredibly hard to get up in the morning. The background anxiety thing is odd, I guess it's that your brain is cognitively programmed to feel anxious but the chemicals are doing something else. Hence a bit of mental confusion (like I had yesterday). Just a theory.
    Glad it's still working for you mostly and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for myself.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information