Thread: Colon cancer fear whilst pregnant

Colon cancer fear whilst pregnant

Hi everyone,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and whilst this has been more than enough to take my mind off my usual HA worries (have just been focused on something going wrong with the baby), I have found my HA has come back big time.

My HA has been predominantly around colon cancer and earlier this year I got into such a state about this that I demanded many examinations, blood tests, X rays and an ultrasound. Nothing was ever found and my doctor put it down to my IBS. When I found out I was pregnant, I became obsessed with getting a UTI so have been drinking ALOT of cranberry juice. On a couple of occasions I have thought that my stools were either a very rich brown colour or reddy brown. I'm just not sure...but it's all I can think about. Is it possible that drinking such alot of cranberry juice could have produced this change in colour? My IBS has flared up since I got pregnant which is apparently due to the hormonal changes and combined with this, I'm in a bit of a panic.

Any help/ reassurance would be SO welcome, I really don't want to feel like this at the moment...or ever again really!

Thanks...x

Re: Colon cancer fear whilst pregnant

It definitely can do that, it's a very strong coloured juice. I also know WKD blue turns it green! Sounds gross but blue & brown makes green! Cranberry juice & brown = the colour you mention.
    I have been through the colon one in the past too, not when pregnant though, & also made them put me through all the tests, that was about 20 yrs ago now & I look back & realise how crazy it was & how powerful my mind was at the time! I still swear I had all the symptoms!

Thread Information