Thread: Brain tumor fear?

Brain tumor fear?

Hi I've been posting on here a lot lately but I've been having really bad anxiety attacks over some eye floaters and now I've convinced myself I have a brain tumor.
    Okay my symptoms are:
    Eye floaters even at night (Had them checked by optician said everything was good and healthy)
    Vomiting (But deep down I know thats from my anxiety attacks)
    Slight head twinge

Please can anyone help me? :(
    I'm going insane here and does anyone know if focusing on eye floaters a lot makes them worse?
    I can't stand this anxiety for much longer :'(

Also forgot to say that I've found I can relax myself a bit easier, but the anxiety attacks I get are so much more intense.

Re: Brain tumor fear?

I'm terrified that I've got a brain tumour too but I'm told that I've not got the symptoms and if I was to have a brain tumour my symptoms would be really intense. For example, I wouldn't just had a bad headache it would be horrendous and extremely painful and unbearable. I know tht eye disturbances are a symptoms of anxiety and so are head twinges. I get eye disturbances and blurred vision a lot and it always really worries me tht I've got a brain tumour but I told my doctor and she's not worried. If you're really concerned, tell your doctor for some reassurance to put your mind at rest xx

Hi thanks for replying
    I rang up NHS direct before and told her about my eye floaters at night and said it was normal as the stuff at the back of my eye is more likely to do that at night and it was okay so long as I had my eyes checked which I have and didn't seem very concerned about the floaters at all and was more bothered about my anxiety issues so I spoke to her about, well everything really lol.
    Brain tumors seem to be my main worry as my Dad died of one even though none of my symptoms are the ones like my Dad had :\ I hate health anxiety

when you had your eyes tested and he looked in your eye with that light
    he could see if there was any thing wrong with your brain
    dont worry you dont have it
    god bless

Well I felt relieved for a whole of 11 hours :\
    Anxiety's creeping back again because it's night time and for some reason notice them more then my body just seems to scream somethings not right while my brain (the logical side of it) knows its just anxiety.
    Urgh :( Actually can't wait to start worrying about something else so I can move on from these floaters.

Thread Information