Page 354 of 540 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 5392

Thread: should i swap???

Re: should i swap???

poor you nicola your really having a crud time at the moment, hope all these meds give you some relief.
    seems youve hit a bit of a hickup mr w after you seemed to be getting better, maybe the doc can adjust your meds.
    good luck with the shrink laura.
    youre sounding up for it again kendra, getting out will help you a lot.
    sounds like you got a good day in oink.
    keep facing it down sam, joy, tracey, angel and dove.

Been up and down like a yoyo for months Alan, thinkin this might be as good as it gets.
    Howz you?

its the anxiety about health that gets to me, been getting treatment for years, bp and palps and now diabetes. its the last 6 weeks thats been hitting me hard cos i tried to stop the 10mg citalopram i was on, i had been going along quite well up till then. hope when i get it properly back in my system it will even me out again but at the moment its hard going with all the physical body reactions.
    alan

Well as it happens I'm diabetic as well, I take 2000mg metaformin, 80 mgs Gliclazide and 40 mg Simvastatin. I reckon that diabetes interferes with the endocrine system and thats part of the reason we get anx and depression. What are your thoughts on this Alan?

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Hiya J howz you these days?

morning all, at the moment mr w i dont have meds for diabetes and have been able to control it by diet but as you know, it can be difficult knowing how to keep a balanced diet. my sons girlfriend is type 1 and has injections of insulin everyday, we discuss the effects of different food but she thinks type 2 is more difficult to control. do you check your sugar levels with a meter or have regular checks at the clinic?, i have both.

Morning Alan, Mr W, Nicola, Pink, Kendra, Sam, Joy, Angel and everyone else, well hope you have a bit better day.

I woke up same old way shaking and churning and feeling down as usual - not long now til I am seen. I am so annoyed with the NHS though but must try and ride through it, but once something gets to me I find it hard to let go!

Thanks for your support Alan - what meds are you on?

Mr W - go and see your doc today or this week - you have so tried to help yourself and should be seeing/glimpsing some improve.

I had to come off Sert around 3 weeks in - it was making me worse - not sure if SSRIs suit me anymore,

Anyway speak to you soon and Nicola hope you are feeling a bit better this am.

Luv Laura x

Morning everyone, hope all are as well as can be expected

I had another good night's sleep on the zopiclone.. I just wish it could be a long-term solution.. :(

Laura, regarding SSRIs - I think I've read that while they are all considered the same 'class' - that is they do roughly the same thing - they are all quite distinct molecular shapes, which accounts for the differing side effects. It also might explain why citalopram (for instance) may work for someone who has tried all the others with no joy. It's very much like finding the right shaped key for the lock.

It maybe likened to going through a different bunches of keys.. first you try the SSRIs, then the SNRIs, perhaps.. then maybe the tricyclics..

Your p-doc will no doubt have an idea as to which key to try next.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    morning all, at the moment mr w i dont have meds for diabetes and have been able to control it by diet but as you know, it can be difficult knowing how to keep a balanced diet. my sons girlfriend is type 1 and has injections of insulin everyday, we discuss the effects of different food but she thinks type 2 is more difficult to control. do you check your sugar levels with a meter or have regular checks at the clinic?, i have both.
    I have a meter which I use 2 or 3 times a week Alan, and also have six monthly checks. I don't think it matters too much what you eat as long as it's regular.
    Being ravenously hungry is the worst thing you can do because that's when your system starts consuming body fat, turning it into rocket fuel (sugar)
    Diabetes also raises your levels of cortisol which in turn causes anxiety and depression. Getting old is shite

Morning folks, still low mood here but got to motivate because it's signing on day. Mrs W back this morning after 3 x 12 hour night shifts at the hospital so I'll buy her a bottle of vin blanc and make something nice for supper.

We all have to try to pull ourselves out of this hole. It's a cycle of good days, bad days, worse days and horror show days. Oh and kicks in the teeth like when you have a couple of good days followed by 10 bad ones? What's that all about?

Anyway all round, got to walk the dog and fill out my jobseekers diary, make an appointment with the doc, thanks Laura, so catch up later

morning all late signing in as had a dental apt. had a reasonable weekend apart from the morning eebies, today they seem strangely reluctant to leave me. maybe its because i have developed a new mole on my neck recently which is growing quite fast so i'm off to the gp and hoping its nothing sinister.
    sorry you are still down ww and hope you get a doc apt
    how are you nic?
    counting the hours Laura? How long now?
    you sound good Pink
    Glad you are sleeping well on zoplicone seems to have stopped working for me,red shirt
    hello to everyone else

love joy

Hi Joy - yes get that mole checked.

Not too long now - have been writing down a few things on a notepad about my life history! I can see where this anxiety has come from - not nice though wish it would clear off - just hope this chap can help me - think I should be brought in tea and cake and that price - can't get over the July NHS appoint? but must stop thinking like this - try and stay positive.

Glad you are not feeling too bad though Joy

Laura

Page 354 of 540 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast

Thread Information