Page 395 of 540 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 5392

Thread: should i swap???

Re: should i swap???

hi tj, aw so sorry you are having such a tough time.

i started with anxiety, which led to clinical depression, and from what you are saying i would think you are suffering depression too.

why don't you see a different gp, and ask them what they think about you upping your meds.

citalopram takes a while to kick in, but i would say if you are not getting better on it, you may need an increase or even a change of meds, you will get there, one day at a time.

speak to another gp, if you have no faith in the one you have seen, it's surprising how you can get so much comfort from a sympathetic gp.

good luck and i hope you feel better soon xx

Hi tj, when i took cit a few years ago i needed 30mg to be stable and i led a completely normal life on that dose until i stupidly came off them in june last yr and i relapsed in aug but unfortunatly cit didnt work 4 me again id def try the 30mg and see how you go x x

So sorry Joy you did not get that phone call- I really sympathise with you and I know how you feel. I am not impressed with the NHS - they have done nothing for me either - and like you Joy - you were an employee! Perhaps that goes against us! Not to return your phone call is a disgrace - like Pink said speak to the Practice Manager. I shouldn't have to wait a week going private for my meds - should I? but I have learned so much from this site.

Sorry TJ you are feeling yuk - try and see and different GP if you can - it's like a postcode lottery like IVF, Cancer drugs, etc, just not on!

Anyway try and keep positive - easier said than done!

Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah thanks so much for the advice, she has agreed to increase it but reluctantly as guidelines changed apparently.
    Will give it a go really scaredof the side effects but wont know until i try, i find the yo yo effect really painful does anyone relate to that?? Nic can i ask were you funtioning at 20mg?? i am but still dont feel myself. How are you doing from what i have read you mostly seem to be turning a corner.
    Joy hope something gets sorted soon, no one has mentioned a mental health team to me so i have to rely on the GP and you guys.
    Pinkdove i did go from hardly functioning to doing normal stuff but i just feel an existance and a deep fear that i cant explain. Laura i think im seeing the best gp there lol...
    Thanks all i will keep you posted on the 30mg praying thats the lift i need as go away soon xxx

Hi yeah i functioned on the 20mg but still had low level anxiety and just didnt feel myself but upping to 30mg took all of that away and i mean all of it i suffered no more anxiety or anything it really turned my life around. Im slowly getting there on the venlafaxine altho not had a good day today back seeing my physchatrist tuesday so will see what she says, i asked my gp for a referal as i was at my wits ends and was even going to pay private but i was seen within 10 days of my referal and its been a lifesaver x x

Quote Originally Posted by TJSMITH View Post
    Ah thanks so much for the advice, she has agreed to increase it but reluctantly as guidelines changed apparently.
    Will give it a go really scaredof the side effects but wont know until i try, i find the yo yo effect really painful does anyone relate to that?? Nic can i ask were you funtioning at 20mg?? i am but still dont feel myself. How are you doing from what i have read you mostly seem to be turning a corner.
    Joy hope something gets sorted soon, no one has mentioned a mental health team to me so i have to rely on the GP and you guys.
    Pinkdove i did go from hardly functioning to doing normal stuff but i just feel an existance and a deep fear that i cant explain. Laura i think im seeing the best gp there lol...
    Thanks all i will keep you posted on the 30mg praying thats the lift i need as go away soon xxx
    Hi TJ

Yes - Pink and Nicola and Kendra to name but a few have certainly kept me going. Never heard of GPs not going to 30mg for Citalopram?? I am sure if these 2 ladies say you will feel then you will. I am starting Cit 10mg for 2 weeks then 20mg thereafter! Re Pink and Nicola these two ladies have been there and worn the T shirt - lol - inspirational xxxxxxx

Evening all, just checking in

Seems like we are following similar paths to recovery, Nicola - I've had a rough day too.. Anxiety really started to come back this afternoon, just out of nowhere. Annoying after having a few good days too

Just want it to be bed time and zop-time and start again tomorrow.. .bleurghh...

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

I digress but whilst on the subject of Citalopram read in the Daily Mail magazine that Jennifer Saunders is on it and feels wonderful!

Nicola i hope you have a better day tommorow, my anxiety came out of nowhere after an illness i know come along way as i coouldnt work, go out or deal with the kids without anxiety but what you say reassures me.
    You guys are inspirational this has been going on for 4 months in my case and thats long enough, temped to go private myself although giving the gp benefit of the doubt a bit longer.
    Laura she didnt say wouldnt up it just said guldlines have changed and a different med is now advised , she also said that upping it would not help with my thoughts only cbt would do that but i still think my faults are depression thats not fully lifted.
    Mr red shirt i have had a crap day too, hubby on nights which i seem to find hard now. This certainly changes your life xx

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA48 View Post
    I digress but whilst on the subject of Citalopram read in the Daily Mail magazine that Jennifer Saunders is on it and feels wonderful!
    Bet she didn't have to wait months for a referral!

Which magazine was that? The weekend just gone?

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Page 395 of 540 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast

Thread Information