Page 397 of 540 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 5392

Thread: should i swap???

Re: should i swap???

Kendra - I'm the same I think, have a run of good days, not quite back to normal but getting there and then I have a blip and it sets me back. Think we're all the same actually, Nicola and Mr W have both had better days followed by crappie ones. I can't relate the setbacks to anything I've done, I think about if I've done too much or spent too much time dwelling on stuff, eaten rubbish or got stressed over something but never find a pattern to it. I take comfort reading other peoples journies of recovery, it does seem a 'normal' though tough road of getting better, the blips are not nice but try to hold on to how you were feeling a few days ago when better. I'm finding it hard to hold these positive thoughts but the anxiety is improving as the day goes on again - it's not a constant feeling now. I too have the tingling feelings, churning stomach, not sleeping well, aching chest and am loosing weight again - the only positive aspect.

Mr W - sounds lovely - not sure exactly what it is but we love indian food. Please post details with pictures if possible when you perform your latest culinary masterpiece! I've written out the recipe for halep which we're have again in the next week or so - we all loved it. Hope you're doing OK???

Another quietish day for me, feeling anxious etc but going to go into work to say hello, may even take the puppy. It's been 8 weeks since I last worked and feel I've lost touch with my normal life, I'm no where near ready to go back but hope by going in to say hello I will feel that I've made a step towards recovery??
    Quite nervous about going in, some of my work colleagues haven't been in touch and have no understanding of mental health problems, I've tried to be as open as possible about it but I think it scares some people - so could be a difficult.

Joy - that was a lot of Lorazepam - enough to sedate most people for a few days. Hope you get some help today I know you're waiting for a course of relaxation, have you tried listening to any talking relaxation CD's? I've got one I do everyday which talks you through relaxing your muscle groups and breathing and have ordered some more from ebay. I think mine helps me - but if I'm in too much of a panic I can't sit still to do it but I try to make time everyday and as I say it helps. I've done a course of relaxation sessions before it's a skill you need to work at and build on, it's not a quick fix - I think it's awful that they won't give you help until you've done your course. If you would like me to send copies of the relaxation techniques to you - pm me and I will gladly do so. Another

Laura, you sound to have a good relationship with a sensible GP and you know what medication the psychi wanted you to start and what dose, I wouldn't wait - I'd go today and if the letter isn't there - tell him what the psychi advised. Your GP knows that you're not the kind of person to make something up and take a drug unneccesarily - that's what I'd do anywayWaiting is naff when you feel crap

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Yeah Slapton beach has a nudist part but I've never seen anybody in the buff there! Slapton draws people in for it's war memorial and nature reserve not the other kind of naturists. Torquay has a nudist beach, but it is mostly frequented by men looking for non female company - if you know what I mean. Last year we moored the boat just off the coast while my husband fished, I saw someone up on the cliff top kind of acting strangely, so I got the binoculars out - as you would, I think he saw the glint of the lens and proceeded to turn his back to me and bend over - completely starkers - you can imagine the view

Hi Sam

I know what you mean - but the psychiatrist prescribed Citalopram 10mg and a minute dose of Olanzapine?? but I don't know what dose? My GP isn't in until tomorrow - as there is another Surgery. The secretary said he normally gives a list to give to your GP? but thinking back to last Thursday I think he forgot as was running overtime? I'll give his sec a ring this afternoon and ask about the dose so I know - I sure it will work out of ok but anxiety people worry about everything.

How are you doing and how is the course going? My friend went on a smoking cessation course yesterday! said it took 3 of them - one giving the talk and 2 muppets sitting either side who didn't say a word! think she was a bit fed up - make hard work of everything!

Speak to you later - oh has anyone heard about poor Joy - isn't terrible the way she is being treated - not surprised though - the system is poor.

Take care Laura xxxxx

Still waiting for the phone call

Love Joy

Bloomin heck Joy, have you tried your GP again?

Laura, I forgot about the Olanzapine, best wait then, sorry. The course is on the back burner at the moment, I do a few sentances of essays when I feel up to it but there's about 80 hours of practical - which I doubt I'm going to get in before the deadline, an extension is usually easy to get when you're signed off sick though so it's no biggy. Just prolongs it.

Been trying to take a picture with my laptop webcam to show you where my pup is whilst I write this - she lays on my chest or shoulders, pressing the keyboard with her paws every now and then! I can't find the webcam programme though, think I removed it from the desktop because I kept opening it accidently and looking at myself - scary! Anybody know how to find it?
    Last edited by Tufty; 25-04-12 at 10:54. Reason: i's cnot spel 2 gud

Hi guys well a shit day 4 me 2 woke up shaking and retched again not done that for a week these blips suck x x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi guys well a shit day 4 me 2 woke up shaking and retched again not done that for a week these blips suck x x
    Argh, sorry to hear that Nicola.. hope you get through it soon.. it's just a blip, you know you were on the right road so you'll be back to it soon.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Thanks Mr Red its so disheartening especially when you've had some good days how are you doing? have you increased today? xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Thanks Mr Red its so disheartening especially when you've had some good days how are you doing? have you increased today? xx
    I know that feeling I had it yesterday.. feels like those good days came to nowt But they did happen, and were a sign of things to come.

Took my first 60mg this morning, braced for side effects, nothing yet though. Bit early I spose. Generally feeling wobbly today.. it's like walking a tightrope.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

nicola sorry you are having a rough day, you are right the up's and down's are horrible.

i was told to expect up's and down's till the dose settles fully, but not easy i know.

not a bad morning for me, just got to ride it out till i get on track and back to me, although things are a lot better.

laura good luck with starting citalopram tomorrow, hope it does the trick for you,
    joy, how are you getting on, have you heard anthing yet?
    sam hope you are feeling a bit better today
    tis, good luck with the increase, i hope it does the trick for you
    mr w are you ok today ?
    to everyone else hope you have a good day xx

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedShirt View Post
    I know that feeling I had it yesterday.. feels like those good days came to nowt But they did happen, and were a sign of things to come.

Took my first 60mg this morning, braced for side effects, nothing yet though. Bit early I spose. Generally feeling wobbly today.. it's like walking a tightrope.
    Well i keep falling off the bloody tightrope xx

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdove View Post
    nicola sorry you are having a rough day, you are right the up's and down's are horrible.

i was told to expect up's and down's till the dose settles fully, but not easy i know.

not a bad morning for me, just got to ride it out till i get on track and back to me, although things are a lot better.

laura good luck with starting citalopram tomorrow, hope it does the trick for you,
    joy, how are you getting on, have you heard anthing yet?
    sam hope you are feeling a bit better today
    tis, good luck with the increase, i hope it does the trick for you
    mr w are you ok today ?
    to everyone else hope you have a good day xx
    Hi Pink, hows the slow release tabs going? xx

Page 397 of 540 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast

Thread Information