Thread: Obsessive Thinking

Obsessive Thinking

Hi,

I am new to this site but have been reading the posts for months which has helped me greatly understand my own thinking. I have recently been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder which is causing obsessive thinking. Horrible thoughts that I am going to harm my loved ones. I thought i was going mad!!! Not nice and has been a very disturbing time. I have been taking fluoxetine for a couple of months now and feel so much better but not cured. I am also starting counselling this week as I just want to be normal again!

However, I am suffering really badly from insomina .......anyone else with this problem? I am now wondering if fluoxetine is the one for me,

Fellow sufferers be glad of any advice.

Thank you

Hope

Re: Obsessive Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by hope2012 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this site but have been reading the posts for months which has helped me greatly understand my own thinking. I have recently been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder which is causing obsessive thinking. Horrible thoughts that I am going to harm my loved ones. I thought i was going mad!!! Not nice and has been a very disturbing time. I have been taking fluoxetine for a couple of months now and feel so much better but not cured. I am also starting counselling this week as I just want to be normal again!

However, I am suffering really badly from insomina .......anyone else with this problem? I am now wondering if fluoxetine is the one for me,

Fellow sufferers be glad of any advice.

Thank you

Hope
    I still get this, but not as bad as i used to. I'm on Citalopram by the way.

Smile Re: Obsessive Thinking

I think the fluoexetine is working but don't think will cure it. Thats why I'm trying counselling too. Just only wish I could sleep!

Re: Obsessive Thinking

omg! im a month into fluoxetine and have severe insomnia.....
    youre on your 2nd month and still have sleep problems??
    my doc said i,ll be sleeping better soon,flippin liar!!

Smile Re: Obsessive Thinking

Yes still have problems sleeping. Been given sleeping tablets but don't want to take them all the time incase i become addicted to them. I usually waken about 2 am and my brain is just so awake! That is usually me until about 4 or 5 and then I fall back asleep again. I hope it gets better x x

Thread Information