Thread: I am new here.

I am new here.

I am 24 years old.
    I have had hypochondria since I was 11.
    But kept it to myself.

When I turned 19. It's been crazy.
    Now I'm 24 and I am a mess.

I am constantly worried about everything.
    I can't leave my couch because I am so depressed and scared.

I have anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, and the doctor wanted to treat me for bi polar but I refused to be on lithium .

Anyways. I am a total mess. I used I binge drink.

My first panic attack I got when I was 15. I was pressured into smoking marijuana with a group of girls I barley knew. I smoked it and I got a terrible anxiety attack. I was shaking, crying, thinking I was going to die. It was terrible. Well I survived that. Then I started smoking more.

Well anyways. It's. Been 3 months I haven't smoked or drank anymore. I keep worrying about my health.

The doctor has prescribed me Ritalin for my ADHD.

Ritalin really helps me concentrate and think. It's awesome. But Everytime I take Ritalin I am afraid I am going to die.
    I am
    The type of girl I am afraid of medicines and side effects.

I am scared of getting a heart attack. I am scared of getting a stroke. I am scared of getting a brain anyuraim. I am scared so scared of getting high blood pressure.

I keep getting a throbbing feeling in my head and I am afraid im going to get. A stroke.

I just can't stop thinking negativity. This just sucks. It's ruining my life. My friends would LOVE to be prescribed Ritalin so they can party with it and stuff. But not me!!! I'm not normal. I am afraid of medicine but I need it . Everytime I take it I am afraid today I will die :((

This is sad . I want to enjoy my life. I want to smile and be happy .
    I can't smile anymore. And I am always holding my breath I can't breathe right because I am always scared and stressed :(((

I start school next month college. And I am afraid I won't be able to stay in te classroom because when I am in a big group of people I get terrible anxiety and I feel like everyone and everything is fake and not real. My heart starts to race and I worry and panic, and I am Afraid im
    Going to die in front of everyone.

I haven't exercises since high s,cool. I am scared of exercising. I feel like there is no hope for me. I feel like something bad will happen to me soon. And I am scared and can't stop panicking :((

My dad had a heart attack and he survived . He was smoking cigarettes since he was 12. He doesnt eat veggies. Or work outZ

My uncle died of a heart attack in his. 40s he also smoked cigarettes when he was young till he died . Didn't eat healthy or work out.

My grandpa had a stroke but i don't know why.

My mom has a muscle diseases .

My mom had a mini stroke but she didn't work out daily.

My mom had high choleestroal but treated it by changing her diet.

My grandma died of a heart attack but I think it's because thy didn't eat healthy or work out.

I am sooooo scared I will be next .

I am terrified :(((((((((((

I can't stop thinking about heart attacks and stroke.

I can't take This anymore. I am paranoid!!!!!!!!

Re: I am new here.

Welcome! I'm very sorry things are going so badly. :( Are you currently seeing a therapist/psychologist; is that something you've tried in the past? I really think it might help you. It helps lots of people, especially if you can find a therapist or psychologist who is well suited to you.

I don't know anything about lithium, but I'd listen to your doctor. You don't have heart problems or a stroke or anything else right now, but you do have bipolar disorder and your life might improve if you're medicated for it.

Good luck! Again, I'm sorry things are hard and I hope they get better for you soon. <3

You are still very young and it would be really unlikely that you would get something like a heart attack or stroke at your age. You also know many of the things that you can do to prevent the problems your relatives had. Unfortunately we can't change our genes but we can try to live a healthy life and hopefully avoid those sorts of problems. Maybe you could start exercising, both to help you stay healthy and because exercise might help you relieve some of your stress and anxiety. It's also a good way to not gain weight in college Since you haven't been exercising in a while, you might ask your doctor about the best way to get started, but it doesn't sound like you have any problems that would make it dangerous for you to exercise. Try just taking a short walk in the evening--you don't have to jog or run, just walk. It might help you to relax and you would be doing something positive to help prevent the problems you're worried about.

hi hun, this is exactly how i started off in my late teens, i am now 43 and have had anxiety since then,
    the best advice i can give you hun is to STOP worrying, i know its unbeleivably hard not to, but if yu dont it will destroy your life just like it nearly did mine, you are lucky there are places like this where you can talk to other sufferers, these things were not around when i was young and i couldnt talk to anyone as they would have thought i was a mental case. i got help from my gp at first to calm me down but then looked at self help. i went to the library and got some books, the best of which was called Self Help for nerves by Dr claire Weekes, it really helped me understand all the horrible feelings and symptoms i had, i read it over and over again, and i still have a copy of it now. i really recommend you try this hun, dont let this monster ruin your life, your so young and have so much to live for, i still suffer with anxiety now but have learnt to cope with it, dont get me wrong i still have a few bad days, but have more better ones now, just try to keep calm, relax and let all the feelings go, your not going to die, all the feelings and symptoms are your bodys natural reaction to fear, its just that they come when they maybe shouldnt and that is the hardest bit to understand, honestly hun, go have a chat with your gp and ask for some counselling, it will make suchh a difference, i really hope this helps you xxxx

Like Cruft, I recommend Dr claire weekes, excellent book, even if it is a little old fashioned in places. Also, get an audio tape of it, or try "Feel the fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers, absolutely brilliant. You CAN beat this, but you have to be pro-active and do something, it wont go away on its own. You CAN do it. Ask for help from your GP. Well done on stopping the binge drinking, you really did well there. Youre not alone hun, keep posting here, keep reading up. Remember 97% of the things we worry about never happen, thats pretty good odds dont you think? Dont waste a moment longer, start now, keep posting, reading, learning, trying.....youre not alone love x
    Paula x

Thread Information