Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time of day do you take your meds? And side effects.

What time of day do you take your meds? And side effects.

Been given 20mg of Fluoxetine to be taken daily and am really scared of the side effects. My anxiety and panic attacks seemed to have calmed down but I am aware that they are still there on the surface.

Was just wondering what time of day do you take your tablet and why?

And also what long term side effects have you had from fluoxetine? I was on different ones 9 years ago and can't remember which ones but t effected my sex drive hugely and I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks very much

Re: What time of day do you take your meds? And side effects.

Hi Pauline,

I have just been put on fluoxetine and I am so frightened to take them I have been taking them in the middle of the night when I wake up!! I have been on them years ago but unfortunately I cannot remember how they affected me!!

I am struggling to eat but hopefully that will be ok soon. Apart from that I am just tired!!

I was wondering how long these side effects go on for? Weeks, months??

They worked for me last time so hopefully they will again!!

Hope your feeling better soon!!

Thank you. We're suppose to be looking forward to getting better not feeling worse with the side effects before they kick in !! The last tabs I were on took a couple of weeks for the anxiety to calm down but I've never been on these ones and I've looked at some of the stories and found that everyone is so different! Would love to be the one who just got 2 days of side effects rather than 6 weeks

Hope your feeling better soon too hun xx

I am on the 2nd day of taking 20mg and my gp told me to take them in the morning after my breakfast she said do not take on an empty stomach, So that is what I am doing. good luck with them.

Cathy xx

How are you finding them Cathy??

I take it at 1:00. That's when I take my birth control pill, so I thought if I took the prozac at the same time then I'd be more likely to remember it! The doctor told me that it may make me tired or awake, that it affects people differently, so to adjust what time I take it based on that.
    Unfortunately I can't tell you any long term side effects I've had because this is the start of my third week on them! I'm hoping the worst of my side effects have passed because my last three days on them have been great. Good luck!

Well so far so good and I must say I have been terrible with anxiety and depression well not sure about the depression I think that comes because the fear of our thougts and the constant thinking gets you down you become depressed with it all. I have felt sick this morning but I have been feeling sick with the anxiety. it was because I seemed to get through xmas and new year ok and then yesterday wham!!! So went my gp and she perscribed the fluexitne. I dont know how I will feel tomorrow I hope i will be ok as I am driving to yorkshire from liverpool to see my partner So Please god I am ok? I have got diazipam for emergencys xx

I am sure the side effects can't be as bad as Citalopram as I went on them last year when my problems started and after 6 months they did work and I felt great and I stupidly stopped them I did go back on them but i just couldnt stand the side effects again.

Cathy xx

I think it must make me tired rather than awake. Its strange how it affects us all different.

I know what you mean Cathy, the panic makes you depressed. I am usually a happy person, the life an sole of the party but when the panic attacks are here I just cant help being depressed which make the panic worse its just like the never ending story...
    I have been trying really hard not to think about it today and distracting my self its so hard to do because I cant think straight and me head feels all fuzzy from thinking about everything all the time!
    My jaw even hurts from gritting me teeth!!
    But I will be plodding on. I will get better again. Just hope its before I have to be re-interviewed for my job at the end of next month they already think i'm crackers when I am normal. Don't won't that thinking that I am even more crazy.......

Ps hope the trip goes well!! I'm sure you will be fine x x x

Yes I am like you when I am on form I am great company the life and sole of the party and I miss me soooo much and so do my kids. It's exhausting this anxiety it saps all your strength.

Cathy xx

I miss me too...
    I miss just twisting about normal everyday stuff instead of worrying about panicking or how sad I am going to be today when I first wake up.
    Great start to 2012!!!
    I'm sure we wll get there in the end!

Kendra x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information