Thread: magic

magic

I am wondering why my feet and ankles swell up rather badly.
    My left ankle seems worse and not really painful but uncomfortable and a bit reddish in colour. I have looked on the internet and it suggested heart or athritis. My heart is ok, but i do have athritis in my back,knees and hands. The only time I have proper wee is first thing in the morning and even if I think I need a wee in the day.I do very little. I have no pain when going for a wee, just that needyness. Any advice would be welcome
    magic

Re: magic

Hi Magic

The needyness as you put it, is a part and parcel of anx, the urge to go (please excuse bluntness) is part of anx, needing to get rid of bodily functions.

The reason for your left ankle could be ....

1. New footwear

2. Heat (mine always swell up when im on a plane or in a hot country) this may sound daft but with the winter weather being here, I always put up the central heating.

3. Pay attention to symptoms, see your doctor and get an accurate diagnosis.

Im sure you know how to deal with this with having arthritis in your back, knees and hands.

However if you are worried see your doctor and get an accurate diagnosis.

Moira

Being overweight can be a cause (not that I'm saying you are overweight Magic!) of leg and ankle swelling. Poor circulation and/or poor lymphatic drainage can cause it too. It's probably a good idea to get it checked with your doc xx

Thanks Moira,
    I have to see the physio thurs. Having treatment on my back through NHS.
    I will tell her about my feet as this problem started when i started the physiotheripy as the arthritis has something to do with my waterworks apparentently. I had to miss my last appointment due to the physiotherapist being unwell
    I have never had any trouble with this sort of thing before even in the hot weather.

hi magic
    could you possibly have fluid hun? i get alot of fluid around my ankles and knees as i'm flat footed so it could be that if not id say the most common would be the heat that makes you feet swell i have hell tryna get my shoes off after a long day sometimes lol im sure it's nothing serious hun take care xx

Miss Polly
    Don't think I am overweight. I never weigh myself. I am 5ft 8ins and I think about 11stone.size 16. I do try to loose weight, but it never happens
    I had to borrow a pair of my daughters boots the other day .could not get mine on. she said i could keep them---which is good as they are really comfy.
    I really do get worked up about going to the GP, but I don't want to fill up with water!!!!!!! so to speak. xxxx

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Thanx Kate for your reply, Proberbly so.
    Its just not me xx

Hi Magic

get this swelling also in ankles and feet ............damn get getting older

I find it worse if I have been inactive during the day .........look at my feet and puffy ankles and wonder where that slim lass went . Ah well

make sure you put your feet up on stool at night Magic ...........it helps to drain the legs of fluid .
    yes see the doc and mention it of course .......guess our hearts maybe getting sluggish .........meds can help so much ........nothing worrying . very common and diuretics meds can help hugely ....... xxxx

just put feet up on stool when you can Magic ..........mention it to doc ........but I have same . you are not alone at all
    getting older is a bugger mate xxxxxx

Thread Information