Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lumps in neck - are these normal?

Thumbs up Re: Lumps in neck - are these normal?

I would like to reply to this post to be able to put some of your minds at ease. I noticed a lump on the left side of my neck approximately 2 inches from collar bone almost 7 months ago ( this was how long waiting period was for ultrasound) during that time I was driving myself crazy researching on the internet mainly finding cancer forums! I also have high anxiety and thought for sure I was dying. I had my ultrasound yesterday and wow I am so relieved to find out that these lumps which are not lymph nodes are suppose to be there we have them on both sides, some people feel them more than others. The doctor told me that once you find them you pretty much can't stop touching them I now if searching can find the other one on right side which is a lot smaller, the one on left is 5 mm which is tiny! But it's scary when you feel a lump. I suggest that see a doctor, put your mind at ease.. but stop searching the internet it will bring you down and make you go crazy! I no longer pry around my body searching for things I am living life to its fullest good luck!

Re: Lumps in neck - are these normal?

Hi there, I know it's been a while since I last posted on this and I've been doing great with my HA recently. However, I was just wondering, see if you feel further up can anyone feel another one or two on each side? They are hard as well and feel likes bones... I'm wondering if its something to do with protecting your windpipe. They all feel roughly the same size although some are easier to feel than others. They are also in a straight line.
    Thanks guys, just needing a bit of reassurance

These are your lymph nodes. They swell up when you're ill- from a cold or a fever- and usually go down once it's out your body. However, sometimes they don't go back down for other reasons. If they last longer than a month, take a trip to your GP and get him/her to take a look. It's very rarely anything to worry about.

I don't think these are lymph nodes, I have some shotty nodes and these feel really different. What I'm worried about is the fact that they are solid and don't move. The fact that they are on both sides in a line next to my windpipe which I'm hoping means that they are supposed to be there and supposed to be hard. I've had them for ages, I think I last posted on this conversation in December...
    Last edited by YoungHeart; 01-08-13 at 17:42. Reason: Spelling mistake

I have the same thing and am totally flipping out, its about an inch below my jaw line on each side of my neck, small, pea sized, super hard, seems attached to my throat (moves when I swallow) and I am flipping out! Seeing my doctor next week but I wonder if they have been there all along.

It is reassuring that others find these as well. That they are on both sides, same size, same feel, makes me feel a bit better. From what I have seen cancer in the nodes doesn't tend to hit both sides, same place, same size etc. Praying that is true!

I have 3 swollen nodes in my neck, one under my jaw (had it 4 years) and two others further down. I have had lots of anxiety over them but doctors have not been concerned and it seems the majority of us have them so id say its very common x

Wow it does seem very common. I think many times we have them for while and just never even notice them. You know how us Health Anxiety people are, we google too much and do no good!

Mine is bigger on the left than the right, Im always feeling it to see if its bigger....its reassuring to know Im not the only one....Im in a looking for problems phase anyway :( Ive got allsorts wrong this time.....flipping hate HA....this forum always helps me though....I was convinced I had DVT earlier this week and its a heart problem or pulmonary embolism atm....why do I do this to myself, grrrr!

I do the same to myself, all the time. I always go to worse case scenario... no matter the situation. I drive myself to panic attacks all the time. Hate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information