Thread: Stomach and bowels relation to heart beat?

Stomach and bowels relation to heart beat?

I think there is a connection and want to know if anyone has the same effect. My stomach has been really bothering me lately due to taking Visalus and dieting and messing up my whole body. When my stomach is out of wack and I am all gasy and feeling just wrong, my heart seems to be really high beating. If I were to over eat, i feel like I cant breathe very well and then again out winded and my heart rate increases.
    Does anyone feel the same or is it me panicking ?

Re: Stomach and bowels relation to heart beat?

Hi tt
    yes stomach issues can affect the heartbeat this is because the Vagus nerve is affected when you have a gas build up or stomach acid irritating the oesophagus-how I know this-I suffer with indigestion regularly infact have had a bad stomach over xmas with eating c**p my GP told me about the Vagus link so try not to worry x

Unhappy Re: Stomach and bowels relation to heart beat?

your GP sounds like a star, I have had "IBS/GERD "for years but it comes and goes. My biggest indicator is miscelaneous pains and terrible trapped wind and acid. On the rare occassion I go to the GP his answer is always the same " youve got IBS " you will have to learn to live with it. When I was having a rotten time with ectopics and flutters he refused to link it to my stomach issues. A recorder proved I wasnt imagining then but the cardiologist confirmed they were nothing to worry about. My point is I know when my IBS plays up I get the other issues as well and my chest/heart feel out of sorts. It is all related and its all related to stress/anxiety. The reason I would like the GP to cut me some slack is I have had a heart attack a few years ago and pains in my chest and missed beats do nothing to help my stress levels. To a large extent I have learned to live with it but GPs seem woefully disinterested in you once they can lump everything as "IBS". Its the same old story learn to relax and most of the rest will fall into place..............oooooh it winds me up,no it doesnt, no it doesnt

Hi pageste

Can i ask , are you saying ibs and over acid stomach can be connected in some way ?
    I have both , ibs for over 20 years and now on stomach meds for excess acid . I,m never sure if the pain in my side , stomach area is from ibs or stomach acid or both .

Thanks !

I just find when i feel so bloated my heart rate increases badly to the point of me worrying that I will have a stroke

Sorry for the looong delay in replying ( shift worker). As far as I am concerned one of the many symptoms of IBS/anxiety is too much acid. Im not a medical man and Im not convinced my GP is either but if I get anxious-I get upset stomach-so I get lots more acid-the acid gets into my chest/throat-Ifeel poor- I get aches and pains- I too am on anti acids but when its bad I get pains all over the shop.So yes as far as I am concerned its all related, if I could calm my mind my body wouldnt react as it does. Job done , of course in reality the daily commute 12hr shifts and two young kids means I am pent up like a guitar string. I know the problem I just cant quite find the cure. Ce La Vie' . I hope you find your answers and lose the pains

Thread Information