Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety creeping back....ibs / acid

Anxiety creeping back....ibs / acid

I can,t get my mind off acid reflux and the c word after reading something in the paper a few days ago.....

I,ve got chest pain and a burning in my right side that can go to my thigh along with stomach gurgling and burping and a tight throat . The burning in my right hand side can move into the left (or both at the same time)
    Also the centre of my chest can feel warm but dissapear in minutes then move to my side again . I have had ibs for years and had similiar before but not the chest pain . It seems to come and go but my chest feels kind of heavy and full

Is this ibs or could it be acid reflux ?...or just anxiety kicking it all off .
    Does anyone else get chest pain with ibs ?

I,ve been on lansoprazole for 12 months and (also citralapram) but i never got heartburn (and still don,t) just chest pain in the last 10 days .

I,m due back at the DR,s in a few weeks .

Re: Anxiety creeping back....ibs / acid

51 views and no ones playing out ?

I,ve re read this on nmp..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

I think i,m doing all this to my self again , i need to get out more and distract myself like i used to , its not as easy in the winter time .

Stay well ..

Sounds like classic acid reflux, I have it as well, take some antacids when you get chest pains (like the burning, if you mean its on your chest) and it should be fine

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

And yes IBS causes chest pains, due to trapped gas usually.
    Last edited by SomeOddworld; 12-01-12 at 05:47.

Thanks for the reply

I don,t know if it is ibs or acid anymore to be honest , i would have thought the acid meds would have stopped any burning , the burning (more like a warm feeling) is under my arms today , chest and right hand side . I also feel bloated . I,m not looking forward to going the DRs as i know it will be a camera job this time .

Hi mel2

How long have you had this? Have you had a camera down before? I also get chest pain and burning can't figure out if it's heartburn or not as it's not really related to food!, I also have same fears as you do and constantly looking for reassurance I think anxiety play a big part in this!!

Hi
    I,ve had it for over 12 months and i,m on lansoprazole already for acid.

This warm feeling and going under my arms and into my chest is new .Its not central either it can be around my kidney area either side so i can,t see this being all acid . Its slowly getting to me again which is how i ended up on AD,S in the first place . If i could get this problem out of the way i,m sure i,d get back to normal
    It seems like my anxiety feeds it some road , which makes it worse which creates this never ending cycle . I,m bleeding sick of it all now .
    My ibs plays up at the same time so i know its connected but i don,t know which is which anymore .
    Its been bad today but i,m getting all the gurgling of ibs and it goes into my arms . Its worse when i sit down and it goes when i,m busy and walking around . Its never there when i first wake up or if i fall asleep it goes .

Have you been the dr,s with yours ? Most peeps just need some stomach meds for a few months and it settles down but mine isn,t .

I,ve never had a scope thats why i know it will be on the cards , i told them no last time as it can be ok for a month then flare up again . It went for 3 months last year but came back , then went and so on .

Hi Mel,

Am glad am not the only one suffering I think mine started with constant anxiety but now I don't feel anxious it's still there! I have had a scope 2 yrs ago and all was normal apart from a small hiatus hernia which apparently is really common, apart from that they put it to IBS. I have another appointment tomorrow funnily enough with my gasro, see how that goes, I'd rather have another scope to put my mind at rest! Am one same meds as you but not really helping. Do you get this everyday? Am also like you fine in mornings and evenings and flares up during the day, sometimes when it's calm and I think abt it I can feel it creeping back do you get that? I get a feeling like heartburn in chest but not sure if it's heartburn as don't get reflux. Do you get any reflux? If this is sorted my life will be back to normal I know!

I get this, and it's really not predictable as to when it will happen... it can happen when I feel stressed or when I feel calm (which in turn makes me feel stressed, because even though I've been told many times it's my stomach, I often think of my heart due to the location of the pain, and my main phobia is heart problems. :-(

I try to drink hot teas to calm my stomach after eating, especially ginger tea, green tea and artichoke tea. I don't like to use antiacids, but I use Nexium for a day or two when it's really bad and I get lots of pains and nausea and can taste acid coming up.

Like you, I also feel the pain in my arms sometimes, and also down the left handside of my body... had it really bad last week..think it was due to excess gas. I've been really anxious about other stuff recently, so I think it's not helped the gastro side of things.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Quote Originally Posted by raja View Post
    Hi Mel,

Am glad am not the only one suffering I think mine started with constant anxiety but now I don't feel anxious it's still there! I have had a scope 2 yrs ago and all was normal apart from a small hiatus hernia which apparently is really common, apart from that they put it to IBS. I have another appointment tomorrow funnily enough with my gasro, see how that goes, I'd rather have another scope to put my mind at rest! Am one same meds as you but not really helping. Do you get this everyday? Am also like you fine in mornings and evenings and flares up during the day, sometimes when it's calm and I think abt it I can feel it creeping back do you get that? I get a feeling like heartburn in chest but not sure if it's heartburn as don't get reflux. Do you get any reflux? If this is sorted my life will be back to normal I know!
    Hi , i don,t get reflux and never have , yes i get it every day at the moment but it did go for long periods .
    Today i,ve had NINE trips to the toilet and the burning is in the right hand side and in the centre aswell , plus endless amounts of gurgling . As i type its also going into my chest but if i get up and walk around it will go from my chest , i,m sure its like "pressure" from gas .
    Oh and it feels warm lower down aswell now so i wouldn,t rule out trip number TEN upstairs in a minute

PLEASE let me know how you get ..pm if you like .

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I get this, and it's really not predictable as to when it will happen... it can happen when I feel stressed or when I feel calm (which in turn makes me feel stressed, because even though I've been told many times it's my stomach, I often think of my heart due to the location of the pain, and my main phobia is heart problems. :-(

I try to drink hot teas to calm my stomach after eating, especially ginger tea, green tea and artichoke tea. I don't like to use antiacids, but I use Nexium for a day or two when it's really bad and I get lots of pains and nausea and can taste acid coming up.

Like you, I also feel the pain in my arms sometimes, and also down the left handside of my body... had it really bad last week..think it was due to excess gas. I've been really anxious about other stuff recently, so I think it's not helped the gastro side of things.
    Hi Dazza

Sorry you are suffering mate .
    Don,t know how old you are , but if you get this regulary imho you would be better to take the meds everyday so you don,t get an ulcer .

I,m not a doctor but mine said i should take them everyday .

---------- Post added 16-01-12 at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was 15-01-12 at 20:55 ----------

12 toilet visits now , an absolute record for me

Constant gurgling and side pain , this might sound silly but if its ibs and not acid i couldn,t care less , i,ve got this "anxiety / worry " in my head about excess acid doing me long term harm even though i don,t get reflux .
    All points to ibs tonight unless i worry about reflux again tommorow

My poor bottom must look like a japenese flag .

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=blue
    [/COLOR]

Hi Dazza

Sorry you are suffering mate .
    Don,t know how old you are , but if you get this regulary imho you would be better to take the meds everyday so you don,t get an ulcer .

I,m not a doctor but mine said i should take them everyday .
    hehe - mine isn't so bad..it's not daily... I can go for quite a few days without many problems, then it can flare up for a few days then maybe be ok for weeks. So i'm kinda against taking meds long term. Doc have advised me against long term use of such meds. So when mine does happen, i just try to keep it under control with food types, and hot teas. And only take Nexium if I feel it's really bad...which isn't actually so often. I used to get it really bad, with terrifying stomach cramps (next to heart) which would almost make my pass out... but not had those for years thankfully.!

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information