Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirtazapine -Coming off Meds & Lowering Dosage

Re: Mirtazapine -Coming off Meds & Lowering Dosage

Hope all went well at your docs. I'm on 30mg at night but wake up as early as 3am sometimes and have to take sleeping pills otherwise I have a panic attack. I've only been on Mirtazapine since March but think I will be changing to something else as it's done nothing to help me sadly. I also take 7.5mg in the morning but my anxiety is still as bad, if not worse now. I am so scared of going on Citalopram type drugs as every time I've gone on them I've had terrible panic attack and even worse insomnia but don't see the Mirtazapine suddenly working now and making my anxiety disappear. I'm having cbt sessions too, my second one tomorrow but my entire life is a mess so I don't know if nay meds will work at the mo...I'm going through a horrible nasty divorce. ):

Think I must be a bit fortunate with side effects when stopping medication....... the psychiatrist at the psychiatric unit (where I have been unfortunately living for the last few weeks!!) decided to cut my fluoxetine down from 60mg to 0 over 3 days, mirtazapine 30mg to 0 overnight and put me on a "mood stabilizer" all at the same time........ never noticed a single sideeffect.

Hi I'm trying to come off this too,doctor has put me on leprexo for anxiety it's early days I'm hoping it may help soon ,so I can withdrawal soon but my CNS is bad as I'm also withdrawing benzos ,maybe I need to stay on benzos until I'm off the mirtz ,any advice for me pls cos I'm confused here

Hi Sasha,
    can't really help but to say that I came off them altogether and went back on prozac. Also have a beta blocker for the anxiety and the high blood pressure. Doing okay, so you hang on in there. x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information