Thread: Introducing myself :)

Introducing myself :)

Hi all,

Just found this website and it's so nice to see a busy supportive forum going on!

I am a 36yr old girl who has suffered from anxiety (in phases) for the best part of 10yrs.
    For the most part, before I truly knew what was wrong with me, I just put it down to my funny ways. Dining out became a no go as I would end up wasting every meal put in front of me simply because my tummy would shrink to the size of a pea!! I suffered random scarily severe panic attacks and my anxiety has taken me to levels where I often thought I was losing my mind!!
    Finally I realised (or should that be accepted) I had GAD and have now begun to help myself the best way I can.
    I currently take beta blockers to help with the palpitations as just feeling my heartbeat too fast can bring on an attack!!
    I have chosen to not go onto AD's as yet as I have been on them before many years ago and would prefer to try to beat this without.

The last few months have been particularly bad but I am positive I am going to get the better of it this time.
    I have just started positive thinking techniques and am going to try some alternative therapies too. Relaxation and exercise are important too so I am optimistic at the mo. Here's hoping hey?

Thanks for reading so yeah, hope to chat and share some support with you guys soon

x

Hi Loubeelou

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Introducing myself :)

hi, you sound like you know what what your doing, which is great...positive thinking is the way... im not a fan of meds, came off them 5 months ago, i personally dont think meds help anxiety... i am taking Jarrows B Right vits at present, and feeling good on them...

Thank you!

Stormsky, I actually think the positivity is really working...I've even got hubby doing it too hehe.
    I would never knock meds as they will work for some but I'd just rather try to fix my thought patterns without anything masking it iynwim?
    Will look up those vits

I agree i think meds mask the problem, when you stop, your left where you were before...thats what it was like for me... and i didnt want to spend my life on meds, so decided to try and deal with the problem my way... my doc always said when you stop the meds you may be back at square one... Read the reviews on the Jarrows B Right, once i did, i thought they seemed too good to be true, but on day 10 of them now, and of course, im not cured, but feeling better than i have in months!

Hiya and welcome to NMP

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Introducing myself (FAO Stormsky)

Thank you

Stormsky, I have just ordered some Jarrows B Right from Amazon so thanks for the recommendation! Your right, they do look too good to be true from the reviews although I just have one question?
    We are hoping to try for our second baby soon so was unsure if these will be safe to take? Have you any idea?
    I noticed they have a lot of folic acid in which is great but not up on what you should & shouldn't have vitamin wise.

Re: Introducing myself (FAO Stormsky)

Quote Originally Posted by Loubeelou View Post
    Thank you

Stormsky, I have just ordered some Jarrows B Right from Amazon so thanks for the recommendation! Your right, they do look too good to be true from the reviews although I just have one question?
    We are hoping to try for our second baby soon so was unsure if these will be safe to take? Have you any idea?
    I noticed they have a lot of folic acid in which is great but not up on what you should & shouldn't have vitamin wise.
    It does say on the bottle that if you are pregnant or trying to conceive to contact your doctor before taking... So if you are thinking of trying for a baby soon, then you may have to come off them...but speak to gp first...x
    Last edited by Stormsky; 17-01-12 at 12:19. Reason: word added

Thread Information