manyh therapists i have met are in worse shape than the people paying them for their help. i have also met many people who are woefully out of their depth in dealing with deeper damage. some people are sicker than others thats the truth. i should know ive been one of them.

anyway getting that out of the way, there are many good therapists about but it is a minefield and unfortunately one has to suck it and see as it were.

my experience is that being fairly clever, damaged, hyper vigilant, having a good memory, and sitting in therapy for many hours helped to fortify my defences against the weaker therapists.

i then found that pyschotherapy was better for me than common or garden type counselling where i sat and said what i wanted for 50 minutes. i also found that an ongoing relationship with someone in whom i could trust anything (i mean anything) set me on the road to freedom. i tend to write it all down these days-warts an all- and then read it out to my mentors. i write it down in the same way everytime with the same category headings.

i have found this works wonders. one still has to find an experienced head to listen to it though. being freed from the bondage of self is an ongoing thing. i am grateful for the changes that have come over me and the way my life has opened out.

best regards
steve