Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad morning - please help

Bad morning - please help

Hi all

I am in a right panic this morning, Last week I decided to to something positive and join the family to the local gym 10 mins drive, in my safety zone. I went on friday and met my hubby and kids there, first time we have been out altogether for at least 9 months. They all went swimming and it was lovely to sit and watch - hardly any panic!

I took the kids on Sunday, and they were in and out of the pool so much cause I kept panicking. But after reading one of the claire weeks books I stayed and saw it through until the panic subsided a little (20 mins).

Now today I have to go on my own to have myself monitored in the gym and I am in such a state. I am also worrying cause next week for four days I have got to take my son about 15 mins drive down the road to a sailing course, dont know if I have got to stay or not, its for 3 hrs a day,

So as you can imagine I have woken up today shaky, feeling so sick, and headachy and very tearful - dont know what to do.

Love

Lisa px

hi Lisa,you are the same as me ,[well most of us here!]the IDEA of what you are going to do sends you ito a tail spin!The THOUGHT of these things makes us panic.Try [i know it is hard,i have to get my daughter in the car later,ahgh]but try not to think about it so much.Our imaginations work overtime and we have sealed our fate before we even get out the door!Try distracting yourself[i find typing on here helps me!]dont let the dread win.You have done so well so far and all was ok wasn't it??So today will be fine too then you can pat yourself on the back and say I DID IT!Also give yourself a getout clause!I do this all the time,eg,if i have to wait i can always come home and go back again..if i dont enjoy the gym[me in a gym ha ha ha]i can leave,it is my choice to be there and i am not a prisoner ,i can come and go as i please!Give it a go!Let us know how you get on hun!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

You can do this.
    Read your claire weeks before you go just to freshen up on everything she says. Take some water, suck on a polo, whatever can take you mind of things, and just keep repeating what claire weeks tells us.

You have doen it before you can do it again.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Hay x

Thanks - I am going to go and see how I get on, like you said I can always leave and try again another day, the good thing is I had the courage to tell the trainer at the gym about my panic - so she is fully understanding if I do run out in a panic, well I'll go and squeeze into my tracksuit!! and see how unfit I am, thanks once again.

I'll let you know later how I have got on!

lisa p

Hi Lisa, I get the same, its the fear of what might happen. As Mary Rose has said take one thing at a time. Today i went to the library, it was one thing, that was my focus and i did it when I was ready. It is harder when you have got to do something, that's when i seem to panic as I can't not do it but i get the strength from somewhere. Also good to focus on the positives, you've done it beforea and it was Ok so what's to say it won't be again. keep looking at achievements. Hope it went well

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Just to let you know I did it!

I can hardly walk, so unfit!! and been told I need to loose a stone - got to go back tomorrow!!

Thanks for the advice.

Lisa px

FABULOUS NEWS!Bet you feel sooo much better 4 going dont you!I think the fact that you told the gym that you have panic attacks is a good idea,it kinda lets you off the hook some how!oh,i am so pleased 4 you ,keep it uphun.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Hi Lisa
    Great news! It will be so much easier for you tomorrow when you go back. Well done. Why don't you phone up the sailing course to find out if you have to stay or not - then you'll be prepared?
    Love Helen

Well done Lisa, chalk up another victory. What an achievement. Enjoy tomorrow, it will be easier as you've done it now and have good memories.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Well done Lisa, just remember panic cannot harm you, you can beat it

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information