Thread: increased to 30mg still no improvement..

increased to 30mg still no improvement..

I've been at 30mg for 2 weeks now and had to report to GP I still feel no different. She feels an increase on 30mg wouldn't make any more difference and that the counselling (when I get it!) will be the thing to help.

I'm thinking if this is so there is no point continuing to take the Mirtazapine - any opinions????? I initially went on Citalopram but had bad physical reaction to it.

Re: increased to 30mg still no improvement..

Hello,

I think 2 weeks isnt very long and you should give it a bit longer before deciding. It is true that some types of counselling will be of a benefit but perhaps along side the mirtazipine (if you see what I mean).

Hope your conselling comes through soon...nightmare these waiting times!!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.x

Two weeks might be a bit soon, I'd imagine at least 4-6 weeks to give it all time to get into your system and then see where you are. However medication can only do so much, so your GP is right to be looking at other options to see if that can help. In my case I took up where Mirtazapine stopped with exercise, dietary changes, CBT and meditation.

As for whether there is any point in taking it at all, ask yourself whether the dosage you are on is helping at all? If it is doing some good then I'd say stay on it and explore other options to add to it as above. If you feel it's just not working at all, maybe a change of medication?

Hi - please stay on it - 2 weeks is nowhere near enough time. I have been on Mirtazipine for 5 weeks now (15mg for 3) and 30mg for 2) and am only now just seeing a positive effect. I was initially on Prozac for 15 years which worked great but due to a bereavement in October stopped working. Dr upped to 40mg - my god it was horrendous - felt so poorly spoke to my boss (who is a GP) and he said get on Mirtazipine and my own GP felt the same - 2 doctors in good enough for me!! Definitely a "slow burner" this one - please stay on it. I have heard reports it can take up to 12 weeks! I know Prozac was like that. Good Luck - Laura

I don't think I was clear in my initial post - I've been on 15mg for 6 weeks first and then on 30mg for 2.5 weeks now, but feel no positive effects. I understood that it should be taking some effect after 4-6 weeks.

I have magically got an appointment to see a psychologist on Monday but am placing so much faith in it working that it probably can't live up to my expectations...

How did you know the Mirtazapine had started working for you? I have the odd fleeting positive thought but mostly just feel rotten.

Thread Information