Thread: Feel like I'm dying, help :(

Feel like I'm dying, help :(

Hi All,

Currently going through a bad panic which has lasted over an hour. My throat is sore but I currently can't keep my head above the duvet covers without feeling dizzy, sick, panicky and have extreme anxiety over feeling like I'm going to die. Feel as though when I'm typing that my body is detatched and also feel like my head is going to explode with pressure, I'm so worried :(

Does anyone else have this? I feel a bit better with my head under the blanket vut putting my head over the blanket I'm in no mans land :( it feels horrible, i'm msging this on my phone, can't get to the computer.

Re: Feel like I'm dying, help :(

hello, sorry you are feeling so rubbish, have you clicked the link on the side panel on the left which says "panic attacks" under the heading 'problems/issues'? There's a good article titled 'if you are having a panic attack now'.

All of these symptoms will go away once you start to calm down (easier said than done of course), but they are absolutely horrific right now and I know that doesn't help, but I have had all of these, as will most people on here. They are really, really horrible and makes you feel so desperate but they're not dangerous which is sometimes hard to believe. If you are really struggling to hold it together you could call No Panic Helpline: (UK Free Phone) 0808 808 0545. (Not related to this site) They have a person you can speak to that will help you through this attack.

aww it sounds horrible :( i've had long panics like that. i think that maybe if you feel better in bed under duvet... well, stay there until hopefully it wears off and you get bored. and it will wear off, remember is anyone in the house with you?

Well its worn off but my head is still tingly and sore, I keep thinking I have a brain tumour now :( oh this is horrible!

It did take a while to go though! I did read the symptoms on the other page but when it happens to me I do believe that this is it, I'm going to die. I have this weird worry about loosing control of my body, like being paralysed and not being able to breathe, its horrible!

Do you all get like that too?

Hi
    I recall many years ago being a such a bad panic state for so long, that my muscles seized and i physically couldnt get off the bed.... its horrible.. terrifying i know... its your fear of them that keeps them coming...I dont have panic attacks anymore = i still have attacks , i just DONT panic.... you cant stop an attack (when you feel heart start racing etc) but you can choose not to panic.... without fuel (adrenaline) they just die off... so when you feel an attack, just say yeah watever, im not scared ... and it cant go to full panic without all the worrying thoughts you add... I remember getting to the stage, where they were so bad, i just said one day, do whatever you want to me, i dont care anymore, and when i did that i realsed they attack just died off ... because i didnt care and wasnt scared....

Hello, I have had bad panic attacks like this&now post a daily diary on my blog - http://confessionsofpanicdisorder.blogspot.com/ I hope this helps you to realise you will get better& you can follow my journey through therapy and general life. Dont worry you WILL get better with tablets or without and there are lots of people that feel the same way, you are not alone xx

Thread Information