Thread: 4 weeks in to prozac but still got the shakes?

4 weeks in to prozac but still got the shakes?

So it's 4 weeks 3 days on Prozac, but the shakes are still there. I get up every morning and I'm shaking it lasts for a few hours and it stops me getting on with my day.

It's making me wonder if I will be better coming of the drug and starting something new...

Has anyone else suffered from this? It's almost like I'm full of energy constantly

Re: 4 weeks in to prozac but still got the shakes?

yes its a side effect.....try and make use of this extra energy ....go for a walk or a nice shower,do some housework.....it will take your mind off your side effects...
    i really wouldnt change yet....the best is yet to come....

Stay on it Katie - it will wear off - I am going back on Prozac 20mg as on Mirtazapine at the moment - I was on Prozac for 15 years and nothing compares to it - but not looking forward to the side effects.

Ahh thanks. Just phoned the Dr she's going to phone back in the AM. It worries me as I am due to give birth any time from now till - end of feb. I just don't feel like I'd be able to with the shaking as it makes me feel weird..

I thought it would of worn off by now to be honest... I guess with Prozac being an older medication it's a bit of a weird one.

Hi katie, i have the same problem and it makes my muscles weak. i have just reduced my dose from 40 mg to 20. I was on them for a total of 11 weeks. i am hoping the shakes go on 20 mg but i am not so sure. i am gutted too because they work really well. i am going to give it another week to see if it improves. What dose are you on? I went for a really long walf at weekend and because of the shakes my legs felt like jelly. how long till you give birth?

Hey, yeah sounds like we have the same problem. I was on 20mg then two weeks ago upped to 40mg to see if it made a change in the side effects.

That's exactly what I get my whole body just feels like it's jelly my hands and legs seem to be the most affected.

I'm due on the 15th of Feb but we all know babies come when they want! x

I have reduced to 20 for 5 days now and it is slightly bettery daily life. but still affecting my daily life. i stayed on cipralex throughout my 2 nd pregnancy and everything was fine. i feel much better mentally and i need to go back to work soon but worried that i have to keep climbing stairs and scared my legs will go. I am alsi worried about usung a computer because i cannot type properly. All i can say is that my tabs kicked in properly at 6 weeks and that it may be worth you staying on 40 mg until baby us here but i know your concerns about needed the strength. it isnt just tremors but whenever i put effort into anything i feel like i have over done it. i am also worse when i am cold. have you had sucess with other anti ds in past?

Hey sorry for the late reply,

Yeah I spoke to the DR today and have to go and see her tomorow obviously with me being pregnant there's a chance it could be pregnancy related also. But I think it's more to do with the Prozac as it started then going hot and getting the shakes.

I am the exact same tomorrow I am having to pay for a taxi to take me to the Dr's as I don't think I would be able to walk that far without feeling either faint or with these shakes.

I'm hoping if it's anything to do with pregnancy they will induce me this week as I have also had a dodgy heart beat 125+ per min but it seems to have calmed down.

I think it's the constant waiting for it to go today I haven't took them and haven't had the shakes as bad as I normally do. I know I shouldn't just stop but I just wanted a break today from it. I still got them but they was short lived around 30 mins on waking up? rather then all day-night.

That's what worrys me the most the birth to be honest if I feel constantly tired and exhausted how am I ever going to push a baby out?. Don't get me wrong I felt crappy mentally before starting the tabs now I feel better. But the shakes makes it just as bad as I still am getting no kind of life as I can't get on with things.

I also have taken Cipralex it worked for my panic attacks and agrophobia but wasn't great for my OCD. I got upped to a 30mg dosage when the max is 20mg and it made no diffrence.

I then got put on paroxtine and that was great I lead a normal life again my OCD went. And I didn't have many anxious days maybe one or two but I was able to live my own life without feeling the need to cling on to people just in case if you know what I mean.

Paroxtine would be my first choice again as I know it worked last time. I got prescribed Prozac around 6 years ago but rejected it as it made me feel funny then. But in pregnancy you are limited to what you can take so I accepted it.

Thread Information