I'm on the pill and have been for almost 10 years. I've been on this particular pill for 2 years. I had some problems with spotting between periods when I first started taking it, but that cleared up and I haven't had any problems since then, until now. I have been having some brownish discharge occasionally, not very much, just enough to be noticeable. I've also been having some cramps and my acne has gotten bad, both things that typically happen around my period, but it's not time for my period. (I'm on a 3 month pill, so I only have 4 periods a year on it.)

Can the pill be causing this even though I've been on the same pill for a while? I haven't taken any antibiotics or anything like that recently, and I'm very good about taking my pill at the same time every day. I have an appointment for my smear test next week so I'm going to ask the doctor then, but in the meantime, should I be worried about it?

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

Anyone? Please? Should I be worried enough to move my appointment up to this week? Or is it nothing to be too concerned about?