Thread: Disorientation and spacey feeling in head

Question Disorientation and spacey feeling in head

Hello all,

I haven't been on this site in a while and have been anxiety free for about 3 years now (woooo!- this site helped me through that ) however recently I have been suffering some horrible feelings in my head.

It started from the weekend when I went out drinking, I was sleeping and have very vivid dreams- basically i was dreaming and i remember i was telling myself in the dream I can wake myself up if i just open my eyes, which i did and i thought i was still in the dream but I had actually woken up.
    Ever since then I have been feeling very disoriented and spacey and unsure of myself and my surroundings, I generally feel well but im struggling to sleep since that night and when i shake my head, i have a dull pain when that happens, I using all my techniques to keep my calm but im struggling a little and i really dont want this anxiety again,

Many thanks for taking your time to read this,

Any advice, support would be good!

Adam

Re: Disorientation and spacey feeling in head

Quote Originally Posted by AlkiAdam View Post
    Hello all,

I haven't been on this site in a while and have been anxiety free for about 3 years now (woooo!- this site helped me through that ) however recently I have been suffering some horrible feelings in my head.

It started from the weekend when I went out drinking, I was sleeping and have very vivid dreams- basically i was dreaming and i remember i was telling myself in the dream I can wake myself up if i just open my eyes, which i did and i thought i was still in the dream but I had actually woken up.
    Ever since then I have been feeling very disoriented and spacey and unsure of myself and my surroundings, I generally feel well but im struggling to sleep since that night and when i shake my head, i have a dull pain when that happens, I using all my techniques to keep my calm but im struggling a little and i really dont want this anxiety again,

Many thanks for taking your time to read this,

Any advice, support would be good!

Adam
    Hi Adam, dreams can be very strange sometimes, i wouldnt worry too much about that side of things. Everyone gets odd dreams now and then, some more than others and some people say they never dream, or remember them anyways. I always think dreams are our minds way of sifting through all the extra crap we carry in our minds every day making for some freaky stuff sometimes hehe

You say you are struggling to sleep, this in itself can make you feel spacey Adam, shaking your head and feeling pain is probably down to tense muscles in your head and neck, partly tense from getting rubbish sleep and partly from being anxious. Add them together and it can make for some really horrible sensations in the head.

Hang in there, let the spacey head be there if it wants to be, it really doesnt matter as it isnt harmful. The more you worry about the spacey feeling, the more spacey you will feel, im guessing you know this already though, take one day at a time, it will pass off in its own good time once you relax and worry less about it. x

Hello there, the spacey feeling you getting is called derealization, i suffer from it for 3 months now and is the worst :( hope i can get through it..

For you it should just disapear soon and you shouldnt worry about it

Hi, I get this ALOT and its worse when I haven't slept well. I think it's a common symptom of anxiety too, probably a defence mechanism so that your brain can protect itself while you go about everyday life.

Thread Information