Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have not slept again!

Re: have not slept again!

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time - I've been there and know what it is like. I had citalopram for a year and it helped while it worked. Give it time to work though. You will get better. I also use diazipan alongside my antidepressants when days are really hard. Best wishes and remember you're not alone. You will have good days again ....

Hi I was on cit and they worked for me after 5 months the jaw clenching was awful and cracked a few fillings lol. but I stupidly stopped them and I crashed I did go back on them but dont think I gave them a chance as the side effects are awful. I am now on day 30 of fluoxitine but I muust say the SE are alwo awful I had a good few days last week but today and yesterday I felt back to square one feeling sick and anxious. but I am keeping on them.

I just wanted to know why you came off them sickeofthis?

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellena View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having a bad time - I've been there and know what it is like. I had citalopram for a year and it helped while it worked. Give it time to work though. You will get better. I also use diazipan alongside my antidepressants when days are really hard. Best wishes and remember you're not alone. You will have good days again ....
    Do you still take your diazipam and what dose Elena?

Cathy xx

I don't enjoy the fact that I'm taking citalopram and extremely embarrassed getting every prescription from the chemist. However, they have been a massive relief in dampening right down the poxy anxiety. Some of the initial side effects were tough and I'd love to just call them a day and get a completely clear head back....but the anxiety I was experiencing was taking over every waking moment on the worst days.

It is really worth sticking the initial days and weeks out, because when they kick in, you can't believe how much better you feel. However I wouldn't start on 20mg initially, take it easy on 10mg for a week or two.

Best of Luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information