I had a bad attack of this a few weeks before xmas and again tonight. I suddenly feel very drunk, not actual vertigo where the room spins and you cannot move just an increasing feeling peculiar and off balance getting worse over about 15 mins, so hard to describe, I feel as if my head is too heavy and falling around and as I say every unbalanced with floor swaying at times. I then get urgent need to go to the loo ( this could just be adrenaline effect of panicking about feeling so peculiar) and a pounding racing heart. I feel really ill and it last about hour and half and then I am okay again.

It could be due to the bad arthritis in my neck as once my neck and arm ache the weird dizzy balance gets better. I have had sudden attacks of true vertigo over many many years from my neck but that only last a few seconds.

I mentioned it to my Dr before xmas who said it will be your neck but I am of course worrying that these attacks are mini strokes or mini heart attacks

I am also so frightened of them happening that I am worrying all the time about it.

My husband has also said is they are not my neck then are they from drinking too much decaf coffee as he feels really odd if he drinks alot of decaf coffee ( maybe its not just caffeine that can affect you) and both times I had had alot of decaf coffee for a few days before or is it some weird sort of panic attack although i feel quite happy and fine before it starts.

Just wondered if anyone on here gets anything like this???