Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: light brown jelly like discharge mid cycle?? worried please reply

light brown jelly like discharge mid cycle?? worried please reply

Hello girls, has anyone had a light brown coloured jelly like discharge before?? It has happened for the past few months at the same time each month, about 7 to 10 days after my period??? I am 27 and had a normal smear 2 years ago, I am due one in december, I am worried this could be a sign of cervical cancer , could it have developed since my last smear ?? So worried please someone can you relate to this at all?? Xx

Re: light brown jelly like discharge mid cycle?? worried please reply

Hello,

Yes i have had this many a time. I have very odd discharge. Some months its clear or milky white and other times it can be a brownish colour. Plus I have just had my smear test results back and they were normal. If you are worried I would suggest going to your doctor and just explaining this. They can help you x

Do you think it could be a sign that cervical cancer has developed since my last smear test?

My cervex cells changed from normal to abnormal within 2yrs... but that only means they could develop into cancer... so even if you had cell changes, you wont have developed cancer that quick ...
    I would request your smear soon, best way to reassure yourself...

Did you have any symptoms that your cells had changed?

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I am so worried about cervical cancer, what if it has been there since my last smear and has spread

Quote Originally Posted by bexy84 View Post
    Did you have any symptoms that your cells had changed?

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I am so worried about cervical cancer, what if it has been there since my last smear and has spread
    i was bleeding after sex.. so went for smear (had only had a smear year and half before that too) so from normal to CIN3 - had to have a colposcopy. that was 15yrs ago now, and im still here !
    You may have cell changes, but thats not cancer, thats just cells that COULD turn into cancer

When I went for my smear my nurse told me that cervical cancer takes years to come about. I would say just go to your doctors and speak to them because they are the doctors after all but I think you will be fine.

xx

How old were you when you had this? Was it like an actual bleed or just old brown blood?

i was 30 when the bleeding started after sex- and it was red blood and alot of it...
    i dont think you have anything like that... bleeds between periods is normal, can be hormonal, like already said above, can happen during ovulation...or can be old blood after period stops.... it really doesnt sound like symptons of cervical cancer at all... but book your smear earlier if you want reassurance..

Are you taking any form of BC? I ask because it's normal for that you happen in-between cycles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information