Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WEIGHT LOSS ON CITALOPRAM

Re: WEIGHT LOSS ON CITALOPRAM

I've lost two pounds in two days. Something weird is going on because I'm starving hungry but I just don't feel like eating. My stomach's rumbling but I'm just not interested in anything but Jaffa Cakes.

I don't know if this is to do with the fact I'm feeling constantly sick which is putting me off food, or if my appetite has just been cut.

What's worse is that I'm at home with my family at the moment and they seem to be almost guilt tripping me into eating something. I keep trying to say it's the pills and I'll eat when I'm ready - but no.

I just keep putting on weight and not sure why, i don't have a bad diet & I am active. Could it be the Citalopram or am I just a fattie?? HELP!!xx

Hi PP, I too have lost weight in citalopram. I'm a guy and to be honest needed to drop a few, so far its half a stone. and I only been on em a week! My appetite has gone completley and the side effects are horrendous for me but have been told by my GP TO stick with it.

I was exactly the same when I started on citalopram 8 months ago. Lost 2 stone really quickly because I just couldn't eat and the side effects were horrible. Now though my weight has gone back up although I eat very healthily and never eat junk. I think it is the meds because someone I work with is on them and she has the same problem. Have to up my exercise and see if that helps. I'd sooner have the weight and be free of the anxiety though, bit of a vicious circle!!!

I lost a lot last sept when I took cit. Back on it now but at a much lower dose which is helping. I am hungry but can't be bothered to eat at times but making myself as I go to the gym and nearly died when I went after only a glass of milk! Little and often. X

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information