Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling worst in mornings?

Feeling worst in mornings?

Hey all,

Day 7 for me today! I am noticing a cycle everyday now as my body is adjusting to the Flux and just wondering if anyone else experiences the same?

I found days 1-4 a walk in the park, had a mild headache and was tired but all in all it wasn't bad.

Then the curse of day 5 came and I had the worst panic attack mid morning, including having the shakes, tingly head, weakness and just pure adrenaline for over an hour. I calmed down in the afternoon though and felt fine in the evening. Which brings me on to the next few days, including this morning. I have noticed that since day 5 I wake up through the night very anxious and have the tingly head, and then throughout the morning my mood is up and down like a yo yo, one minute I'm feeling fine, the next I am at my most anxious. By the afternoo I settle down. I read elsewhere that once it properly kicks in then the morning feelings disappear but hope that is true. I'm off work at the moment and hope I can return in the next few weeks when I start feeling better!

Re: Feeling worst in mornings?

It is true dont dispair! mornings gradually get easier....but the side effects really are dreadful......Im still suffering with Insomnia and night sweats,but the horrible tingling and heightened anxiety has finally subsided....hope you start to feel better soon x

Hi Milkcarton,

What you're describing is exactly what happened to me, identical in fact. My meds are different (venlafaxine) but I guess there are a lot of similarities with the side effects of ADs. I'm now at week 4 and the mornings have got much, much better. The up and down feeling has also settled down.

Hang in there, it will get better, though I know how hard it is at first.

Pip

I have an anxiety/depression issue due to raised cortisol levels. This causes me a great deal of anxiety, especially in the mornings when cortisol levels are naturally higher anyway. I have a choice, either wait it out for however long it takes (usually three or more hours) or go do some exercise. After a jog or a swim I feel much calmer and like my old self for a few hours at least. I find the anxiety actually helps me push myself further each session too.

If you have never been jogging before then I'd recommend this plan http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

same with me and Im on day 10.

Hey Guys,

Thank goodness it's not just me, although I wouldn't be glad you all have similar experiences as these side affects suck!

I had a bit of a yo yo day the whole day today and feeling depressed tonight. I'm also suffering badly from lethargy and wonder if this is normal or if I should go to the docs about it?

Hopefully will feel better in the morning!

Good night all,
    Milk

Yes I was on it for 32 days and I just couldnt do nowt i just about left the couch most days infact it was from bed to couch. And my anxiety was horendous and i couldnt eat woke early sick retching it did sometimes get better as the day went on. but I just couldnt hack it so i came off 2 days ago.

However a lot of people seem to be able to stick with it and it is surpose to get better after 6 weeks

good luck with it. I am sure with the help from people on here you will get through

Cathy xx

Hiya Milk Carton,

The medication will help so much and you are sure to establish a routine as you get better and better.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Once I have had a couple of cups of coffee and toast I seem to wake up all at once.

Food is especially important when we are on meds'. For we are indeed convalescing and need, not only soemthing to take car of our mnd, but our body also.

Could be you have skipped a few meals or have not been eating right ?

Hope this helps, Vince

Cathy - I came so close today to giving up and quitting but I feel like I want the meds to work. I do feel a slight difference even though I'm still anxious and depressed. I feel that I can control my worry more and do more things that would have terrified me before. I'm keeping up getting out of the house and exposing myself as I know this has helped too. Went to the cinema last night and saw a really scary film which made me flinch a lot, didn't have a panic attack though so felt good leaving the cinema.

Although I was really depressed at the end of the night and it's carried through to today. I feel as if I am not strong enough to carry on. Even convinced myself that I have a brain tumour as I had a nose bleed and have had dizziness. I'm home with my Mum at the moment and last week I booked my flight to go back to my flat in london on next Monday but I am really doubting that I will be strong enough next week. When I started the meds last week I felt so confident about them but now I am terrified to leave home and go back to my life in London when I am feeling like this. Does anyone have any advice?

Also, thanks Vince for the advice on meals I am making sure I eat well!

Milk x

Milk,

Hang on in there - those initial symptoms somtimes make it hard to think straight. There's no rush to make any decisions is there?

You say you're getting out more - that's about the best thing you can do. I know the urge to stay in the house, even in bed, all day is huge and it takes such an enormous amount of effort, but getting out and about is really important.

You're doing great.

Pip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information