Thread: help

help

hi im new to the boards ,and looking for some advice well today i woke up with chest pain under my left breast went to a&e got hooked up 2 a heart moniter and then a esg but doc said they were both norm ,but the nurse said i might need oxegen ,now i cant stop paniking thinking they have missed something .i was really anxious when they were doing it fast heart and that has any 1 else been like this? i ve had health anxiety for 20 years just not getting any better wont take med bc of side affects ,thanx susan

ps hope this makes sence

Hi Susan, I've been rushed to A&E with chest pains before and everything was fine, don't know whay it happened. I have health anxiety to and general anxiety, i get panic attacks every now and again but I am recovering. I don't take meds either, I take natural remedies and practise relaxation, this is helpeing me and I am feeling much better. I'm sure if there was anything they would have picked it up.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I was rushed to hospital in 2001 because I kept going giddy and had lots of chest pain. I had no end of tests but, like Daisy mine too was down to the anxiety... I think maybe yupirs too is part of the anxiety and there is nothing major that is wrong.

I hope it starts to get better for you soon

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Susan
    I get chest pain under my left breast too, it comes and goes. Whenever I've had ecg's my heart rate has been very fast because of anxiety. You've been checked out at the hospital and so I'm sure its all anxiety related.
    Love Helen

susan i get tis often and apparently it is not harmful, but frightening i know only too well

i think the reason you may have needed air is because you were hyperventilating in your panic and fear

this is something many of us who live in fear do

i think 2 books would help if you have read them im sorry in advance

claire weekes " self help for your nerves"
    dinah bradley " hyperventilation syndrom

hyperventilation is apparently harmless too although i know it does not feel like it, but it does cause chest pain and other symptoms that i bet you will recognise

i hope this helps

jackie

Thread Information