Thread: I hate having symptoms that aren't anxiety related

I hate having symptoms that aren't anxiety related

I am getting better at realising that I get a lot of symptoms because of my anxiety and so I know I don't need to take these particular symptoms seriously or worry about them, which is good.

But, why oh why, do I have to get other things that can't be explained by anxiety? These symptoms really do my head in and I can't find a way of reassuring myself.

I am my own worst enemy in all of this. I've got a particular symptom that has plagued me for years. It was diagnosed as one thing, and then last year diagnosed as something else and I was told what I needed to treat it with. But, I wasn't convinced that it was what it was, lost the prescription and hoped it would just heal with time. It didn't and a year on I'm in full panic that it was misdiagnosed and I've waited all this time. I'm about to get something to treat it from the chemist but can't help but think this isn't going to cure it because actually it's something really serious. I'm cross with myself for bringing this panic to myself because if I had dealt with it at the time, I wouldn't be worrying so much now.

Re: I hate having symptoms that aren't anxiety related

As you havent said what it is, I cant comment on that... but no point in being angry about what you DIDNT do, concentrate on now, and what you ARE doing to get yourself cured and better

Thread Information