Page 126 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Thanks Pip, im just starting to feel better tonight, but NEVER again will i touch any type of that AD again, my shrink did warn me of some side effects but not to that extent xx

hi guys, really hope that some of you are feeling better today, nicola that sounds horrendous hun, you must have been so scared, and i bet your hubby got a fright too, hope you start to improve soon xx

pip hope the meal went well, the weather is better tody, so maybe pink sunhat and cava, hope you have a good weekend x

kate how are things hun ?

paul i really admire you. getting off the diazapam, and hope you are continuing to improve x

slowfish where are you ?

maria are you feeling any better hun?

to all the other ven buddies......how are you all ?

well sold my first lingerie item on ebay today so thats up and running and keeping me busy, still feeling good, quiet weekend ahead, had a crap spell of the sweating this morning, but it is hot here today, hope you are all well to you all xx

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

oh pip i m a woose about going to the dentist, i mean real fear, still havent been, i know its daft, but it is my worse nightmare lol

Hi All,

Well, It's absolutely tipping it down in Glasgow - the whole week has been like living in a cloud.

Managed to get all the house stuff done for my wife arriving this aft. Had a good meeting last night and a good laugh at Graham Norton show. Why can’t I feel like this for more than the couple of hrs before bedtime every day. Got to remember that I can go to bed now and almost certain I will get a good 6hrs unbroken sleep even if I have to go to loo about half dozen times before I go to sleep.
    Suppose I need to remember that diaz is still traceable in blood stream up to 30 days after last dose, with smaller amounts remaining at cellular level for longer. The thing is, I never wanted to use diaz in the 1st place but it was the only thing my GP would offer for AD side effects.
    Got to keep reminding myself that this will not be for ever.

Keep posting everyone, it keeps the momentum going

Take care,
    Paul

Hi

Well just got in from the psychiatrist and am officially on 75mg Effexor XR capsules as of tonight! He thought I have gone downhill quick and severely depressed. Wants me to double in 5 days time as wants me to get on the SNRI dosage no SSRI! that worries me - but he said to take lorazepam when needed at this stage.

He said from tapering down the Cit I had left no serotonin in my brain! and that why I had the constant crying! Got a private prescription (got 14 for £20) and the rest will be from my GP - he was reluctant to give me a private script as said I was paying enough - I said I wanted Effexor the brand name for consistency and he was happy with that.

Hopefully this one will work - he said he may add on at some stage.

Anyway officially a Ven buddy!

Hope you are all ok.

Love Laura xx

Hi all,

Lovely weather here today - a complete contrast to yesterday. Freddie still managed to get covered in mud on our walk as he seems to like racing through every puddle.

I had a lovely meal out last night and a good catchup with my old school friend. Drank a bit too much and feel rough and tired today so I'm heading for an hour's nap shortly.

Laura - welcome to the club! I'm on the Effexor brand at the minute as my pharmacist had run out of the generic capsules. Can't say I've noticed the slightest difference but then I'm not very sensitive to that kind of thing. When buying pain killers or anti-histamines, I always buy the cheapest non-brand as they work fine. Let us know how you get on over the next few weeks. Remember that it can be hard going for some people at first but that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Nicola - I hope you're having a relaxing day and that the weather's good where you are. You deserve a break after your horrendous experience which sounds terrifying. Well done for getting through it!

Paul - those couple of hours of respite you're having will soon turn into 3 then 4 and before you know it, you're anxious moments will be the exception. You're cracking it!

Pink - first sales, excellent! I see a chain of stores on the horizon - Pink's Knicks! As I said, I used to be terrified of the dentist too and didn't go for years. Eventually, I got such bad toothache that I had to see an emergency dentist which was an awful experience as I had to have a tooth out and it was so big that it took 2 people to remove it. Argh! I then registered with a dentist and explained I was frightened. He's very patient and always explains just what he's going to do. If I'm in the mood, I tell him not to talk to me and I zone out, imagining I'm on a tropical beach. Stupid as it may sound, it works. My advice - force yourself to go before your teeth make the decision for you! I left it too long and ended up having to have loads of work done and lots of expensive cosmetic dentistry to sort it all out. If I can do it, anyone can.

I'll check in later.

Take care

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi all, well ive had a much better day today, think the imiprimine is nearly all out my system now thank god!! going to stick with the ven as it has helped but i think maybe i need to be on 150mg? just scares me going up xx

hi guys, laura so glad you got your script, and im sure you will find them better than the cit, as pip says it can be tough at first, but yo have back up for that. it must be terrible for you just now, i remember so well the depression, just the hardest thing i've ever had to cope with, so can really sympathise with you, fingers crossed you are on the road to recovery at last xx

paul you will notice the good times becoming longer, untill the bad ones are barely noticable, you.ve been a busy boy today, hope you have a nice time when your wife gets back, keep going paul, one day at a time , t

nicola, so pleased you are feeling a bit better today, try and stick with the ven if you can, i cant tell you the difference it has made to my life. good luck hun we're all here for you xx

pip glad you had a good catch up, and enjoyed your meal. its just the extra booze making you feel tired today, you will feel better after your nap, cant drink the same on ven i have found that too, although i would have a cheap night getting drunk now lol thanks for the dentist advice, i will take it on board. nice here today too just one heavy shower,been out and about, and just living a normal life. feels good, pip enjoy the rest or your weekens xx
    hows everyone else doing ?

Pink - feeling much better after a nap though I've woken up with bags like suitcases under my eyes. It's a good job I'm not going out tonight. I read back my last post and made the dentist sound awful. Sorry, I wasn't trying to scare you, just encourage you. Have a think about it and build up to going. Sometimes just popping in to meet the dentist is a good first step. I'd come in with you if I could

I think I'll lay off the wine tonight as I still feel a bit rough - not anxious just tired. Got a bit of tv to catch up on so I'm going to put my feet up and relax.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks pip, have a good night and get plenty of rest x

It's time for a Venlafaxine update!

I'm currently on day four of 37.5mg once daily and have some very positive things to say about this drug!

Firstly, the side effects are nearly non-existant. It makes me a bit sleepy, but I don't think I even felt any nausea today. Only particularly noticeable side effect that I can mention is that it made me feel pretty hot and sweaty - but that could just be the weather!

Will this remain the case when I up the dose to twice daily on day seven? Let's hope so.

In terms of anxiety, I am feeling a very noticeable improvement. While some anxiety remains, it was greatly diminished. Instead of my social anxiety being overwhelming, it was a little worry that occasionally surfaced in my mind. It's hard to say how much of this is simply due to being off Fluoxetine (which made me very anxious), but I there is definitely an appreciable improvement!

I can only hope I continue to feel this good when I return to 6th Form!

Page 126 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast

Thread Information